Same seats at Madison Square Garden, different date, different price?

zooropamofo

• Subscriber

This is new.  We're going to MSG1 Red Zone & MSG2 Section 225.  We paid $312.40/ea for seats in section 225 for July 19th.  I just pulled up a pair in the same section, same row for $118.35/ea.  I've never seen the same seats on a U2 tour go for different prices on different nights.  I could MAYBE see this if one was on a weekend and one was during the week (again, unlikely) however, I have a hard time wrapping my head around this one.  See attached.

Mods: Any idea why we paid $312.40 for the same seats last week?

post-542784-0-40387500-1418660645_thumb.jpg

Edited by zooropamofo

• Subscriber

Its pretty incredible the stunts that have been going on with this entire onsale/process...The attempts made to squeeze every penny out of people has never seemed so agregious.  Anyways, thats a good catch on your part.  These sales are so poor today, that you'll be able to pick up the 312.00's for 1/2 price a few days out...I said it would happen last week, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.  

• 2 weeks later...

Its pretty incredible the stunts that have been going on with this entire onsale/process...The attempts made to squeeze every penny out of people has never seemed so agregious.  Anyways, thats a good catch on your part.  These sales are so poor today, that you'll be able to pick up the 312.00's for 1/2 price a few days out...I said it would happen last week, but I didn't expect it to be this bad.  

Yep, pricing is beyond outrageous, like you said they are trying to squeeze every last penny out of the fans. Been a fan since 1987 and have seen every tour, as a matter of principle may sit this one out. $312 for upper level seats is obscene.