Unable to buy 4 U2 tickets at reasonable prices for any of the 4 touring days in Amsterdam

Dear U2, i have faced a problem while trying to book tickets for your concert. As many others across the world i listen to your music for more than 20 years and i find inspiration in your lyrics. I was extremely happy to hear you are touring next year again!!! I have tried to get 4 tickets in Amsterdam, where i live, for my boyfriend, my sisters and myself. I have tried loging and waiting in queue for the first tranche of tickets, the concerts on 9th and 10th September. I have queued from 10 am and i only managed to get the tickets for 179 euro each. I found it incredible that at 10 am when the tickets office has opened i could not get tickets for affordable prices. After, i have tried to look for tickets from vendors but all were selling only for 200 eur or more ... I was extremely happy to hear that U2 were generous to grant Amsterdam with two more performances. I thought to myself, all the eager fans must have got the tickets during pre-sale for the first two concerts. I needed 4 tickets that is why i did not go for pre-sale myself. I waited the second round of selling and i was sure i will be able to buy the tickets i desired (up to 100 euro each i was willing/able to pay). I wanted to get them as a Christmas gifts! At 10 am on the sale day (15th of December) i enter the tickets office(http://www.ticketmaster.nl). I had two que once more for an hour, i did without closing browser, and at the end when i was able to get tickets again i was directed towards 179 eur tickets and dispersed through the concert hall. I am writing this message since i hope you will take action against teh tickets vendors which are somehow able to procure tickets instead of regular people and re-sell them for 3 times the price. I do not know if you can help me directly and advice me where i could get 4 tickets for their fair value, if you can i will highly appreciate. Otherwise, i sincerly put my faith i n you and i hope you can act against teh re-sellers so that this situations will not occur or occur less in the Netherlands. I find unbearable what happened to me and other people out there which want to see you to and are not able to :(. Thank you for acting. Kind regards, Loredana

Still regular priced tickets on ticketmaster.nl for the 12th and 13th

what do you call regular price ? Since the beginning of the public sale till present i can only find tickets for 180 eur or more, in the condition that prices start from 33 eur, followed by 71 eur and than 101eur per ticket. Both dates, I had started the browser  since 10 am the official opening time for public sale and i was able only to get expensive tickets. I do not find it normal and i will like to be noted that there is a leakage in the way ticketmaster works in the Netherlands. Statistically is simply impossible that all people qued before me and i could not have reached 4 tickets! 

It's not U2's fault. It's the system.

i know is not U2's fault, i never claimed in the message such a thing! i just want to be heard and i hope that can do something given that is unfair what is happening in the Netherlands with the resale of the tickets. if you look now on the pages fo the re-sellers a ticket which cost 33 eur will be sold for 179 eur, 6 times the price! do you think is good and fair for U2 and for all people who are admiring U2 and are willing to pay a fair fee as set up by U2 themselves to be forced by dealers to pay 6 times more or to simply give up due to their conscience or incapability to pay this outrageous amounts ?? This is simply wrong! the re-sellers are not doing any work and earn much more than people who are pushing their creativity to limits!!! 

Edited by LoredanaM

• Subscriber

There were very few ticketss sold at 33Eur... Now, I didn't check Amsterdam specifically but for other cities in Europe the cheapest tickets were very few, very high up the stands and, to me it looked like they had crappy view. GA tickets were 70Eur, but seats -- 120 to 200+ Eur. 

How do you know that they're setting the 33Eur tickets for 6 times the price anyway? 

There were very few ticketss sold at 33Eur... Now, I didn't check Amsterdam specifically but for other cities in Europe the cheapest tickets were very few, very high up the stands and, to me it looked like they had crappy view. GA tickets were 70Eur, but seats -- 120 to 200+ Eur. 

How do you know that they're setting the 33Eur tickets for 6 times the price anyway? 

The stand places were all at 33 to 77 eur - cause i wanted to buy it! now i find stand places tickets from re-sellers for 180 - 200eur. Also, there were not little amount - were enough places on the stand place (middle - you can estimate taking into account the space - 500 ) additionally there were the ones for 77 eur sitting. 

Also, didnt public sale start at 9AM rather than 10AM? I know that was the case for Berlin and Stockholm, possibly other cities too. If that's true, then you were 1 hour late...

no, it started at 10 am, i checked the times precisely. 

• Subscriber

Unfortunately, this is not a problem just in the Netherlands or just with U2. It happens all the time, everywhere. And it's not a secret either ticketmaster and other agencies give a certain amount of tickets directly to resellers. Check out "The Great Ticket Scandale" on YouTube.

Edited by jenny1980