Update on Bono, will tour start on time?

• Subscriber

Hello, please let me start by saying that I hope Bono all the best in his recovery, and that he is doing/feeling good. As there have been no updates about his health status, I'm just wondering if the tour will start on time in May? There are alot of people making travel plans (flights/hotels) that could be out alot of money if there is a delay. Can we please get an update. Thanks.

• Subscriber

It's a fair question, maybe they just don't know yet but would need to make a decision quite soon.

When Bono hurt his back at the time of the 360 tour dates were postponed but I can't remember how much notice they gave.

• Subscriber

It's a fair question, maybe they just don't know yet but would need to make a decision quite soon.

When Bono hurt his back at the time of the 360 tour dates were postponed but I can't remember how much notice they gave.

There was no notice....They announced the new dates a month or so ahead, in the meantime (5 months to tour-start)  there was news about Bono on the hospital bed (making lyrics and thinking about stuff he usually didn't have time to think about), an interview in which I remember Edge saying the last two legs of the tour will be different...and a short time before the tour kicked off again in Turin, there was that band video ....Then the tour just started and that was that.....Everything went according to plan !

• Subscriber

A couple of people saw Bono out and about recently, took pictures with him and uploaded them to Facebook. One said he is getting 'fighting fit' for the tour. Given that he's getting out and about I think it's safe to assume that he is recovering well and the tour is set to start on time. It's still about 3 months before the tour starts, he's got plenty of time to recover and get fit!