Hypothetical U.S. 2nd leg presale questions...

• Subscriber

I'm wondering if presale codes that were used for 2015 dates will be re-activated for a 2016 US leg of the tour if added? I recall language when the initial leg was announced which specifically said that the codes would expire for any future 2015 DATES. Didn't say anything about 2016. Also, in the Q&A section, when asked about the 2 tix limit, moderators made it clear that the limit applied to arena venues only. I wonder if that means we'll have another opportunity to buy presales when the band kicks off a second (stadium?) leg in the US?

Edited by ...or else

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

2016 will be a different leg; folks who renew will get new codes for the 2016 leg.  Plus, the mods, etc. also said that folks' unused codes for this (2015) leg (if any) would also be usuable for the 2016 leg (in addition to new, 2016 codes).  None of this, however, means that codes already used for the 2015 leg will be re-usable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

What I find interesting is that, in interviews, the band refers to the tour and not tour legs

Most fans assume they're going to follow suit with legs but this might not be the case.

My perception is, the 2015 dates are it.

I found this recent Irish Times article interesting, which confirms my observation. It's speculates that the band is not saying anything about the future to "wait and see" about Bono's health. 

• Subscriber

What I find interesting is that, in interviews, the band refers to the tour and not tour legs.

Well, if there are more dates, more legs, or anything else... it would still be called the innocence and experience tour.

• Subscriber

I think a big reason why there hasn't been a lot of news yet about a second leg is because they are waiting to see how Bono manages with the shows that are already scheduled. His accident was so much more serious that we were initially led to believe, and he's not a young man anymore. He looks like he is still in pain whenever his pictures have been taken or on tv. I think it's possible they might take some time off before doing a second leg to give him a chance to rest, and as a result they haven't released news about the second leg yet.

It's likely that, had Bono not injured himself at all (or as severely as he did), they would've already released news about the second leg by now. But because of what happened, they had to scramble around and find a Plan B instead to accommodate the new reality of injured Bono.  This isn't an intentional slight on the fans or anything, this is all the result of a terrible accident that took the lead singer out of comission in a very big way, which totally altered all of their previous plans. That's what I think is happening here.

• Subscriber

Of course I'm not sure, but I don't think so.  If memory serves me correctly (which maybe it doesn't), I don't think they formally announced 2nd legs in tours in years past until either well into the 1st leg or even not until the 1st leg is over.  So I don't think it means anything that there's no official news yet about a 2nd leg.

• Subscriber

Of course I'm not sure, but I don't think so.  If memory serves me correctly (which maybe it doesn't), I don't think they formally announced 2nd legs in tours in years past until either well into the 1st leg or even not until the 1st leg is over.  So I don't think it means anything that there's no official news yet about a 2nd leg.

Mike is right, and while I do believe they will do what they have done in the past and announce a second leg of the tour, it won't be until later this summer or into the fall more than likely. Just my guess but I can see them coming back to the USA next year and hitting up the major cities they missed during the 2015 dates. But as others have pointed out, there could be other factors that prevent it. U2 tours about every 4-5 years, they are in thier mid-50's, while they have an amazing energy on stage, I am not sure if they will want to keep that schedule as they get older. Some of my friends think they have one, possibly two more tours in them, I am sure it is quite exhausting on them when they do tour. Time will tell....

• Subscriber

A hint of what's next to come? Maybe.

In this article,

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/new-u2-album-could-be-finished-later-this-year-the-edge-31224527.html

When asked about whether SOE could have a short Zooropa-esque turn around, Edge is quoted as saying "whether we feel it is worth pushing for within the ten weeks that we have at the end of this tour".

So what happens after 10 weeks from the conclusion of the tour? 10 weeks will take us to the beginning of February. Another touring leg, possibly in Latin America, or Oceania. I hope so!

• Subscriber

A hint of what's next to come? Maybe.

In this article,

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/new-u2-album-could-be-finished-later-this-year-the-edge-31224527.html

When asked about whether SOE could have a short Zooropa-esque turn around, Edge is quoted as saying "whether we feel it is worth pushing for within the ten weeks that we have at the end of this tour".

So what happens after 10 weeks from the conclusion of the tour? 10 weeks will take us to the beginning of February. Another touring leg, possibly in Latin America, or Oceania. I hope so!

Generally during some of the past tours, they have taken 2-3 months off towards the end of the year (holidays, vacation, etc). If they do start up a 2nd leg I could see them doing so perhaps in Australia, February here in the U.S. is the dead of winter, whereas its the Summer in the Oceania region. My guess is a 2nd leg U.S. tour would probably be in the summer or early fall. But just a guess on my part....