5 WEEKS TO GO. HAS ANYONE GOT ANYTHING ON THE TOUR? [TOUR SPOILERS]

• Subscriber

It's so quiet, it's scary. Nothing on sets, nothing on rehearsals, nothing on nothing.

Hope everything is on track.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh!...

....and just in case I forget to say, there is a good chance that this thread could - as I gaze into my crystal ball - contain something called 'spoilers'.

That's right, you've been warned.

So if you are easily offended, live in a cave or generally lock yourself in cupboard with no electricity, multi functional devices - or need to venture out to graze a little - a few weeks before a U2 tour starts, then perhaps this isn't for you! :wacko:

......arrrggghhhh, they told me to say, they told me to say it, or else...... ;)

Edited by yardie

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I guess it's quite a bit easier to keep things secret for an arena tour than for 360. What with that behemoth Claw dominating the sky line in belgium. Plus rehearsing indoors, right up to opening night too. I'm kinda looking forward to NOT being able to hear the soundcheck, more surprises! So for me, I hope they can keep it secret, right up to opening night.

But I'm not going to Vancouver. If I was, & I had GA, I'd sure want to know which direction to run to! Plus, if I had expensive seats, & they turned out to be in a bad location, I'd be pissed I didn't get to see a stage layout before I purchased my ticket.

My first show is not until very late in the tour, in London. There's no way I'll be able to keep away from spoilers until then. So not too many surprises for me at my shows. But it would be nice to be surprised at a setlist party for the opening night in Vancouver!

Edited by ddarroch

• Subscriber

I know, it's kind of eerie isn't it, but I'm with ddarroch on this, it's exciting not knowing, I'm especially keen to hear what comes of this interactive app thing that I've heard about (if it is the thing that Joe O'herlihy was working on) , not that I would need to use it on the floor, but certainly interesting. 

I just can't wait to see what surprises and treats they pull out of the bag, to be honest I'm not to worried about the setlist, though of course there are songs I'd like to to see and some I would die if were dropped, but I'm just glad to be seeing them.

Now if only they would stop me agonising about Dublin I'd be happy, I know the chances of me getting tickets are slim, but a girl can dream.

• Subscriber

It has been pretty quiet around here - the site / forum in general has been a lot quieter than it once was.  Although usually as we are getting closer to the tour start there is a lot more Buzz...just not seeing it as much this time (or maybe it's just me?).

And usually around this time there are more in the way of rumors around the stage, set list, openers, extras etc. around the internet I have not seen much for rumors.

I do think that this time having an arena / indoor tour makes it a bit easier to keep under wraps (especially considering the monstrosity of a stage they had last time!!).

I am not going to see them until Montreal in June - so I know I would not be able to stay away from the details in the shows before mine...so I would be fine with finding out now!  B)

Regardless - the countdown has begun...cant wait for the tour to start!

• Subscriber

we know they are in Vancouver now so rehearsals are starting in earnest I imagine.  Sounds like they will be doing a dress rehearsal the night before- iheartRadio is running a contest for people to see the run through :)    Maybe we'll get some more leaks of info.   Would LOVE to see opening night streamed live. 

• Subscriber

we know they are in Vancouver now so rehearsals are starting in earnest I imagine.  Sounds like they will be doing a dress rehearsal the night before- iheartRadio is running a contest for people to see the run through :)    Maybe we'll get some more leaks of info.   Would LOVE to see opening night streamed live. 

Yeah, I do recall listening an opening night stream of the first show on the Vertigo tour (last arena tour), Seattle wasn't it?.....great show with the Arcade Fire intro tune and a few early surprise songs in there too from the earlier albums. Can't for the life of me remember where that stream was from? Anyone?

Edited by yardie