• Subscriber

Does anyone else find Bono's ripping of books disturbing?  I know that is the point, that the violence and destruction of it is a highly effective gesture, particularly considering the texts being destroyed. True art is meant to make us feel and think (and take action).  But man, was it painful for me to watch. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I read Yoko Ono once tore up a Bible on stage and threw it into the audience, apparently she was wanting to share it  :rolleyes:

in this case I just think Bono is looking for something different to do this tour.

• Subscriber

Because Bono hasn't read Farehneit 451 yet. He wouldn't destroy books so wantonly after reading a story about the destruction of books and ideas.

He has read it. At that point in the show he doesn't believe any more ;)

• Subscriber

I'm working with Aaron from u2wanderer.org on this, and I'll have a link for you (hopefully very soon), showing the pages from Alice in Wonderland that we've been able to put together from the confetti pieces fans have shared. If anyone else has pictures of the "confetti" - please post, or if you have posted and don't think we've seen them, please direct us to them. We are crediting all sources. Even seemingly useless bits - the edge of a picture at the edge of a page -- are useful in helping us assemble complete pages. And, increasing the sample size is also useful. We will move on to cover the Dante and Psalms fragments, and potentially the books Bono is throwing, and help with those is appreciated as well. Right now, we've assembled 16 pages from Alice in Wonderland from just 47 fragments: 10 essentially complete pages, 4 pages likely just missing the edge of a picture on the edge of a page, and 2 pages needing more substantial fragments.

(I'll cross post this to the other relevant threads)