Changes in light of the Boston Marathon Bombing?

• Subscriber

Curious as to what changes, if any, the band might make for the Boston shows in light of the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013.  I'm thinking specifically about the explosion at the end of Sunday Bloody Sunday. Thoughts? 

• Subscriber

My guess is nothing- but I wonder if there might be a warning? Those simulated bomb sounds prior to RBW are loud and if you don't know they are coming can startle/scare someone (girl in front of us at Chi 1 scream and thought they were real).

• Subscriber

None, other than it getting mentioned later in the show, and that's what I'd expect. Bono touched on many a Boston thing, which is cool, especially the mention during "40." Not necessary of course, but maybe for the younger fans it is as things have changed some. The love for this band in Boston was always fierce, now it's tempered by something - respect? not sure... but it isn't just about these guys are Irish and they are awesome and wow can they play, and guard & support this well, it will turn into something great. Not as loud as Boston of old (not even close really - again it was more fierce then), but still loud and solid job on One and "40." Slightly bummed "40" stopped when the house music came up but it did pick up again briefly outside the building which made me smile. I even warbled a bit at the end, which I was afraid to do 'cause of the vocal chord thing not so many months ago.