Any recourse for fans who's seats were switched?

• Subscriber

When I bought section 320 tickets last december, I chose them as we would be facing both the stages, NOT behind the main stage.  See attatched seating chart that ticketmaster had back in december.  Not once did my selection ever say that I was going to have a limited view.  I based this on where they had the "red zone".post-377848-0-59139300-1436650253_thumb.jpg

So now I go to print my tickets and they are coming up as limited view and here is the new seating chart...We are now BEHIND the main stage!  I would never have bought these seats knowing this.  Basically everyone who bought tickets back in december is now sitting on the exact opposite section that they were led to believe that they were going to be in!  Not happy right now.

post-377848-0-35945000-1436650402_thumb.jpg

• Subscriber

When I bought section 320 tickets last december, I chose them as we would be facing both the stages, NOT behind the main stage.  See attatched seating chart that ticketmaster had back in december.  Not once did my selection ever say that I was going to have a limited view.  I based this on where they had the "red zone".

So now I go to print my tickets and they are coming up as limited view and here is the new seating chart...We are now BEHIND the main stage!  I would never have bought these seats knowing this.  Basically everyone who bought tickets back in december is now sitting on the exact opposite section that they were led to believe that they were going to be in!  Not happy right now.

A number of posts have been made about this actually, and there were/are a lot of upset fans who purchased tickets based on the seating chart made available at the time the tickets were first offered only to find that they changed the stage placement when it came down to the actual show. Who is to blame, it's unsure, I certainly would not be pleased myself if this was the case. But who will step up and take the blame? Ticketmaster/LiveNation? The band's management? My guess is the number of upset fans will be small and thus, nothing will be done.

• Subscriber

One guy in Boston complained to a local news station, and the news station got in touch with a U2 rep, and Live Nation upgraded the family's tickets.  But that's just one family.

• Subscriber

Well, my wife was sold tickets that didn't exist. Loge 9, row 8 stops at seat 10. We were sold seats 16 & 17!! We weren't the only ones that this happened to. They appeased her by allowing her onto the floor, but that's a MAJOR price difference. We contacted Ticketmaster and haven't heard anything back.

Kind of crappy selling phantom seats.

• Subscriber

I had section loge19 and I noticed this a week ago as well. I called ticketmaster to make them aware of this and they basically said 'We're sorry but sometimes things like this happen'. They did offer to upgrade but when they checked, there was no other tickets to be had because it was sold out.

Gofferman

• Subscriber

That's awful.  How do I check that the 2 different loge seats I have for Boston 3 and 4 are actual existing seats?  

• Subscriber

I had Loge 19, same thing, they later showed as "Limited Viewing" but they weren't actually that bad. Can see the stage and screen fine. And they're cheaper than more centered sections

• 3 weeks later...