Info re: NYC shows start time

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I just received an email from U2.com:

"Got tickets to see the band in NYC? First of eight shows at Madison Square Garden is tomorrow, Saturday.  Don't forget that there's no opening act on the iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour.  The stage time is 8PM.  Leave yourself plenty of time to get to the venue.  You don't want the band opening the show without you..."

All of the tickets for every other city except NYC had a 7:30pm printed showtime, and the NYC tickets had an 8pm printed showtime.  (Madison Square Garden often insists upon an 8pm start even when every single show an act is doing at every single other venue in the counry is at 7:30pm.)  I think the point of the email is just to say that the band will start at 8:15ish as they have been doing, and not starting later than that just because the printed showtime is different than all other venues.  That's my take on the email, at any rate.

Edited by vertigojds
  • Community Manager

Got tickets to see the band in NYC ?

First of eight shows at Madison Square Garden is tomorrow, Saturday.

Don't forget that there's no opening act on the iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour.

Stage time is 8PM.

Leave yourself plenty of time to get to the venue.

You don't want the band opening the show without you...

best wishes

The U2.com Team.

• Subscriber

Some GA details for those heading to the remaining NYC shows.

I joined the GA line for both Saturday and Sunday's shows at around 11am each day and ended up being #125/130ish.  There were fans running the line who gave us numbers and recorded names in a notebook.  The sun is at its most brutal from about 2:30pm-6:30pm when it shines down directly on the line and there's no shade to speak of.  People were cool about taking time off for shade and water breaks and then coming back to the line.

Around 5:30, the MSG staff set up a few barricades and started coming down the line to make sure we all had GA tix.

Doors opened both days around 6:45.  First up: bag check, then security wand screening, then ticket scanning, then wristbands.

On the first night, all of us were given South Side (aka Edge side) wristbands.  Even with #126, I ended up with a spot on the rail in the middle of the walkway between the I and e stages.

On the second night, things were a bit more organized with groups of 10/20 people being let in at a time and a choice of which side you wanted to be on.  Day 2, with a #130, I ended up 1 person back from the rail, right by the e stage.

Both nights, the show started around 8:30.

Hope that's helpful.