• Subscriber

:-)  You do have a lot of them!  I think GA entered, from the small group I saw go in, just a wee bit closer to the main stage than we did. It was such a small group, though, that I wonder if they had them entering from a few different spots.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

My two cents-I agree the GAers were let in a few moments before Red Zone. We were standing right outside a door leading to floor, they seemed to be directed to nearby doors but not our door. They were all running to get in. Less than a minute later Red Zone was let in. I was on North side. There was plenty of rail space on the catwalk but e-stage rail was almost full-all the running GA-ers must have gone straight there. Also the rail right on the main stage was taken quickly. The Red Zone itself was not crowded at until showtime when it filled up a little, but never felt too crowded. One negative is that there are these step things that are part of the RZ barricades which you're not supposed to stand on and 3 girls were standing up there blocking our view-security took a while to ask them to get down. Annoying, but what can you do.

I got to Red Zone check in at 530 and there were only 4 people ahead of me. Inside, when they let us all onto the floor, there were still less than 20 Red Zoners.

All in all a great experience and Red Zone to me worth it to avoid waiting on line and going in with practically your choice of spot.

• Subscriber

Yeah-I didn't look over there too closely, but some of the first RZoners definitely headed over there right away. It's a small area (most of the main stage rail is in GA) and definitely on the edge of the stage. I was on the North side so I was on the right side of the main stage if you were facing it. The RZ main stage rail was the last bit of rail all the way to the right, if my memory serves.

• Subscriber

Thanks! Were any of the people on the main stage rail part of RZ?

I did RZ - North side, MSG night 5 (Sunday).  I received a helpful tip from the women from Denver that they were heading straight to the GA rail section instead of the RZ rail.  They spotted the catwalk rail on the South side while I did that on the North side.  After taking up the catwalk spot, the RZ North side main stage rail filled up fast, maybe 10 spots.  Before we were allowed to go in, the Denver women won the backstage raffle but turned it down because they didn't want to lose their potential rail spot.  A nice fellow from Uruguay won with the next picked number.

I spoke to a guy who did RZ on MSG night 1.  The story goes that the RZoners got in before the GAs that night and claimed a good number of the rail spots.  The GAs complained loudly that they should be privileged those spots.  That's probably why now GAs at MSG are let in for about a minute before the RZoners.

Spent time chatting with wonderful people from around the US (Denver, Texas, NY) and other countries (Uruguay and Australia).  Good luck to you future RZoners!

• Subscriber

Super helpful thread everyone. I have my first ever RZ ticket for the MSG show Thursday (saw the San Jose and Chicago shows too GA) -- just so I'm clear -- When RedZone/GA opens up you go past the eStage first? I've done eStage a couple times and its been great but thinking of trying for MainStage rail for this show because of RZ. Am going GA Friday too. Last Q: I caught one of the books (well, half of it) he threw in Chicago and really want to try for an autograph. What time do folks usually Q around the loading dock area or wherever the artist entrance is for soundcheck (and, is this the best place to try?) if/when the band says hi to fans?

Thank you!!!!