U2: Please play A Sort of Homecoming in Belfast and Dublin

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

You'r right Yardie! That's why we love U2, only U2 can make that sound, and at the same time Bono's voice!

Perfect!!  :wub:

Yeah, Bono's vocal range then was at its best, same on Pride. He's an older chap these days - aren't a lot of us - so perhaps that's logically why the band don't do some songs.

But hey....if he can still sing Pride, he can still have a blast at 'homecomming'. The sound on the whole of the UF album was just U2's signature to the world without doubt - Edges digital delay licks just came to the fore along with the backline support from Adam and Larry. All hail the introduction of Eno and Lanois to the 'party'.

• Subscriber

count me in!  We are moving from Belfast to Tipperary in the next few weeks and it's my "sort of homecoming"- that's what it feels like to me, even though I was born and raised in Manchester, living in Belfast for 22 years, and I have no connections to Tipperary!!. 

• Subscriber

The last time we know it was played live in Ireland  was at Slane 2001.

Audio only.

There was something about this though, a strange series of events as Bono had lost his father between shows. Imagine.

Edited by yardie
  • 1 month later...