U2 SHINJUKU LP (File Under Fan Fiction)

HansasHeroes1991

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I don't know man...The idea IS great but not by meshing up - mixing up the tracks that went out as they did.

It would ruin that specific vibe that 'Passengers' and *POP*  give...If it's that what they wanted to do..let it be that...That specific colour, Am I making sense ?

I love the idea of a Shinjuku Double Album but maybe containing Out-takes and Rare demos of what could have been at the time?

Even Better...U2 scrap SOE and go to Tokio with Eno, Lanois and Flood and let everything loose !!!

Hansa's Heroes, you should listen to some of Eno's albums if you want Night-time, deep,  loose atmosphere !!!

That's what I'm doing...Furthermore :

What If You wear that velvet dress translates to for me  : I was in a night-train once and there was a full moon, blue light painted on the wagon wall, it was pitch dark in the train as the electrical-system was damaged..The Windows were open...There was a silence that came to the train...Only the sound of the forest the train passed by and the Screech of the tension of the train wheels on the entangled steel tracks...Whispers in the Vastness of the night...Everyone was quiet...there were all sort of people on the train... All silenced... contemplating the miracle...while the full moon was traveling across the sky mantle, the train entered a corridor dug by the train-tracks into  an European Accacia - Trees Forest IN full bloom (it was the late May - Early June)...The sensual smell and the blue light drove me crazy...I got off the train at my grandma's///I was marked for life !!!!
...it's the sound of the blue light of the moon and the sound of the full bloom branches of the European acacia forest which is tied to their sensual smell at night  !!!

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

I don't know man...The idea IS great but not by meshing up - mixing up the tracks that went out as they did.

It would ruin that specific vibe that 'Passengers' and *POP*  give...If it's that what they wanted to do..let it be that...That specific colour, Am I making sense ?

I love the idea of a Shinjuku Double Album but maybe containing Out-takes and Rare demos of what could have been at the time?

Even Better...U2 scrap SOE and go to Tokio with Eno, Lanois and Flood and let everything loose !!!

Hansa's Heroes, you should listen to some of Eno's albums if you want Night-time, deep,  loose atmosphere !!!

That's what I'm doing...Furthermore :

What If You wear that velvet dress translates to for me  : I was in a night-train once and there was a full moon, blue light painted on the wagon wall, it was pitch dark in the train as the electrical-system was damaged..The Windows were open...There was a silence that came to the train...Only the sound of the forest the train passed by and the Screech of the tension of the train wheels on the entangled steel tracks...Whispers in the Vastness of the night...Everyone was quiet...there were all sort of people on the train... All silenced... contemplating the miracle...while the full moon was traveling across the sky mantle, the train entered a corridor dug by the train-tracks into  an European Accacia - Trees Forest IN full bloom (it was the late May - Early June)...The sensual smell and the blue light drove me crazy...I got off the train at my grandma's///I was marked for life !!!!

...it's the sound of the blue light of the moon and the sound of the full bloom branches of the European acacia forest which is tied to their sensual smell at night  !!!

I can appreciate wanting to leave the albums alone.

In my case, it was just a thought I had that I decided I'd try out.

It got better with time, in my opinion, though I understand not feeling the same way.

as for Eno, i go to sleep to Discreet Music most nights!

it's fantastic and always knocks me well out!

Velvet Dress is a special vibe, isn't it?

A very calm experience for me.

• Subscriber

YES..I'm well into this Magical Mysterious music....Used to watch Jean Michel Jarre (spelling?) music videos on TV when I was little...

I have heard of him here and there and I know he has had quite a lot of success...I've just never sought out his music.

One of these days...

I'm not sure if this applies though I think I'll say anyway that I believe you'd like Blade Runner Blues and

Memories Of Green on the Blade Runner soundtrack.

Calming.

• Subscriber

Was Blade Runner an Action film or something ? Will look back at  the Youtube links you posted in the thread.

I never searched for Jean Michel Jarre's music either.... His music was broadcasted on TV when I was little, that's why I know him....Brian Eno's the best, though !!!!

Edited by pain_18_