RED ZONE VISIBILITY

Eddy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yup as they say up there, move about as the band move along the walkway and to the e-stage. If I'd gone a second night that's what I would have done, with hindsight!

• Subscriber

Did GA for Glasgow #1 and Red Zone for Glasgow #2 and both nights were fantastic, first night we moved around from fairly close to main stage to start, then centre to enjoy the screen on to the e stage and got pretty close then moved back to main stage for the finale and got a great view, awesome night and what a sound, just superb U2 just keep getting better.

Didn't think we could top our first night experience, but we did and what a great set and the audience were just so up for it

We did the same for The Red Zone, great view and not packed, people around us were friendly and respectful and we left the Red Zone when all the action moved to the e stage and we got close again and then moved back in to the Red Zone and got right by the side front of stage and had a great view.

Will definitely do the Red Zone once more when they come out again next year for "Experience"!

I'm glad We did Red Zone despite the cost, we are fortunate to be able to have done this and glad that a portion of our ticket cost will go to a great cause.

Roll on next year...............How long to sing this song?

• Subscriber

My own fault, I kept out if the threads prior to going so the show would be a total surprise, but that also meant I stood like a numpty at the barrier near the main stage waiting for them to come back and not knowing which part of the stage they'd be at at any given time. Also being vertically challenged rather hinders my navigation in among hundreds of much taller bouncing concert goers !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Was anyone else in the Music Zone last night? What was your opinion on the set up?

Personally while the concert was great, I thought the whole set up of the MGZ was poorly executed. If you were anyway under 6ft there was no chance of seeing the main stage, even the E stage was often a struggle to view. I just can't understand how they could justify these prices, and then place the reserved area at the very back of GA area.

Done GA for Belfast and thought that was entirely better, not considering the substantial price difference.

Even the premise behind the whole reserved, less crowded area was a bit misleading. The area was so far back in the arena, that normal GA would have experienced the same less crowded experience.

To mitigate against this I thought the band could have at least used the whole length of the stage a bit more, to try and engage with those in the MGZ further back.

Overall I thought this MGZ/Red Zone area palled in comparison to that on offer for the 360 Tour. I would not be willing to pay that sort of premium prices for the next leg, unless they offer a substantial better product.

• Subscriber

I'm in the MGZ on Saturday and have had concerns about its location and view of the screen/stage for some time.  How far back does it go?  Was it crowded?  Is there any advice you can give on where's best to stand / time to arrive / when or where to move?

Overall it seems the mood music is that the RedMG Zones are not worth the money.  I accept it's for charity but there has to be some incentive at least!

• Subscriber

There's another thread about MGZ here (though no reviews),

http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/33307-music-generation-zone/

The only review of MGZ I've seen is above. As MGZ must look over GA to see both the main stage & the e-stage, if you're short you'll have problems with your view. Personally, if MGZ is let in soon after GA & the e-stage isn't very crowded, I'd skip MGZ & head straight for the e-stage. If you can claim a spot on the e-stage rail, just wide of the stairs by the e-stage, you can look over the top of the e-stage, & have an unimpeded view of the main stage, which isn't too far away. Somewhere near these guys in the corner of the photo, you should have some views of the screen from there too.

12294791_10154523403063475_6716449094789

After the band has finished up on the e-stage, if you want to relax a bit more, & have a better view of the screen, then head back to the MGZ.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived