Songs of Experience ... Update

joshthetree

• Subscriber

... interesting read here

http://www.u2wanderer.org/

In the newest issue of Q (Cover date February 2016) they look forward to the albums of 2016, and spend a page discussing U2’sSongs of Experience:

• Adam Clayton says “The second half of the tour demands the album be ready by the autumn”.
  • The article mentions the tour is now on hold
  • New song titles include “Instrument Flying,” “The Little Things that Give You Away,” “Much More Better,” “Civilisation,” “Landlady,” “Red Flag Day,” “Get Out of Your Own Way,” “The Morning After Innocence” and “Where the Shadows Fall”
  • Producers include Jolyon Thomas (Slaves) and Andy Barlow (Lamb)
  • The article also mentions that this may be a trilogy of albums, finishing with “Songs of Ascent”

The article mixes quotes that are new, with pieces of interviews from previous sources, such as a previous Q story, and a story from last fall in Entertainment Weekly.

Source http://www.u2wanderer.org/

Edited by joshthetree

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

The tour's on hold? Never heard of that one before. It's going to be a bit weird if the second and third legs are almost a year apart...

YEah, I think U2's confusing us about everything, while they're preparing to release SOE by surprise in March and kick-start the 3rd Leg of the tour !!!

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

The tour's on hold? Never heard of that one before. It's going to be a bit weird if the second and third legs are almost a year apart...

YEah, I think U2's confusing us about everything, while they're preparing to release SOE by surprise in March and kick-start the 3rd Leg of the tour !!!

Yeah weird unless theyre taking time out to fiish album. Seems a bit of a big break though

• Subscriber

Yeah weird unless theyre taking time out to fiish album. Seems a bit of a big break though

Oh yeah and...Never heard of those producers !!!  Are the bands Slaves and Lamb any good ???  Anyway, the word "include" means there might be others too...I'm personally rooting for ENO ...

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

Lamb are pretty decent, their song Gorecki is one I played on loop when I was younger. Slaves are awesome, two guys, a guitar, a drumkit and a couple of microphones, some good humour and bunch of really good punk rock songs. If the same guy who produced their debut album (which came out this year) is producing SOE, SOE could have a really good sound.

• Subscriber

Lamb are pretty decent, their song Gorecki is one I played on loop when I was younger. Slaves are awesome, two guys, a guitar, a drumkit and a couple of microphones, some good humour and bunch of really good punk rock songs. If the same guy who produced their debut album (which came out this year) is producing SOE, SOE could have a really good sound.

Slaves have a great sound, from what I've seen on youtube.  Look forward to the sound of this new album.  Wonder what the band are up to for rest of the year ref. tour restarting in autumn/fall 2016?

Exciting can't wait :wub: