U2 retreat

JohntheBaptist

• Subscriber

Dear all, I'm organising this weekend a U2 retreat. With some U2 fellow believers we will go deep into Innocence & Experience. We will watch, celebrate, talk, listen, believe and not believe and sing about many U2 songs. In the Innocence & Experience workshop we dig deep in the spirituality of U2. And we have the Edge! From www.u2two.nl who will bring his Edge guitars with him. We will listen to Edge his guitar rifs, but also about his story. And after that it's time to sing together (with Tijmen on the piano and Pieter as the Edge).

Sorry, it's in Dutch!

post-472731-0-08050300-1455649548_thumb.png

• Subscriber

Thank you all for your replies. I'm sorry that the retreat is in Dutch, but I will make a video of some parts of the retreat (with video footage from Pieter as the Edge and the singing part. And send the YouTube link in this post. So, I really wish you could be my guest this weekend and would like to meet you, but I will do my best to write a report with a video.

• Subscriber

Dear all, we had a great U2 retreat this weekend. In total 12 people (more women then men). In this retreat center there is a prayer 3 times a day and we used this prayer to connect with Biblical and U2 lyrics and prayers. In between we shared a lot of our U2 passion and how this influence our believe. We watched of course a concert, the latest from Paris. I and my friend held an Innocence & Experience workshop. We explained about William Blake and connected some songs with the people. We went through Iris, Cedarwood Road and Invisible very detailed.

We had the Edge (Pieter) from U2two who explained the guitar work of the Edge. And after that we sang several U2 songs together with Pieter on guitar and Tijmen on piano. From that part I made a video which you can see here: https://youtu.be/KQbrTwddOL8 (it's raw video footage and the light quality is bad, because the Edge needed the electricity in that corner :)). But it gives you a short view how it was.

We received very good and positive feedback. Next year we also will organise such a U2 retreat again.

Edited by JohntheBaptist