u2 song of the day

paoladegliesposti

• Subscriber
On 1/1/2018 at 6:14 PM, Grande 3:16 said:

Cheers. :)

Rattle and Hum is a great album, I put it equal with The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. I became a fan in the early '90s and was oblivious to the backlash it copped and at the time couldn't understand why some didn't like it.

Grande....cheers and happy new year to YOU!:Mirrorball:

I've been a fan since 1983.......and I was VERY aware of the backlash U2 received then.....as they do now.....just in different form. However.....I have never gave two shits what critics or the anti-u2 coalition thinks.

U2 has always been on the outside of the circle.....even at the height of their popularity, when Joshua tree/Achtung Baby made them a house hold name.

Mainstream popularity was bitter sweet for U2,  because as much as they wanted people to understand/validate their work/vision......it came with attachments/strings.

The higher you climb.....the greater the fall. Besides....the air was getting very thin up inside the atmosphere of fame....and I think u2 is more comfortable with earth.....and getting dirty with the common man.

U2 have primarily been artists first......fame just arose from what they loved to do. I think they don't regret Rattle n' hum or Pop...or even the apple/cell phone incident.

I do think they carry a few scars from it.....and  sadly,  a little more inhibited from all the unjust criticisms.....

Most of our best creative work is derived when we are young.....because we are naive and willing to take risks......"ignorance" and youth can be a useful tool in exploration, creativity and discovery......if that oxymoron makes sense?

Edited by unforgettableu2