Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Subscriber

It was mentioned in '02 that The Fly was a hidden track at the end, was bummed when it wasn't included in the Aussie one. :angry:

Reckon they should have done a studio recording of the Elevation Tour version as one of the new mixes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t go through today and not post this. 33 years ago today....  

Been away a while. Lost my dad a few weeks back. Back in the saddle!❤️ Love this.  

Posted Images

  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Grande 3:16 said:

It was mentioned in '02 that The Fly was a hidden track at the end, was bummed when it wasn't included in the Aussie one. :angry:

Reckon they should have done a studio recording of the Elevation Tour version as one of the new mixes.

  VERy WELL put......... I totally agree.......

 I don't know what they did....All the Remastered Achtung Baby tracks on the BEST of 90-02 are incredible....Although I dont like the lyric change on Mysterious Ways.....

They DID NOT remaster Achtung Baby (the main album)  for the 2011 re-release.....But everything else is remastered (I  listened to all SIX or SEVEN discs )......It's good that THE LOUNGE FLY MIX is remastered (at least that's what I'm hearing....I have the original 1991 THE FLY single too ....so comparing...this one-the 2011 release- is better....)  You feel the band is playing right beside you...The Edge's guitar takes you higher and Larry's smacking the hammers.....Adam's bass is something else and Bono's voice............

I just dont really have the words to describe it.

You can even hear  when he says " OH F***K !!!!" very crisp right before LArry breaks it down and Edge's solo bursts in .....

 

Having said all these, the main album sounds good anyway you take it......

I'm just grateful for the existence of Achtung Baby...the album which saved my life.....and continues to save it....

 

Edited by pain_18_
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

  Now looking back I think the worst remaster is the 2007 TJT one....It's good but I dont know....

  I think they did the right thing later on with BOY, October, WAR, TUF and AB

I CANT understand why on this Good Green Earth did they not properly remaster TJT for the 2017 edition and also include a cd with a Kindergarten type DEMO version...just like they did with Achtung Baby.....

Edited by pain_18_
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

I read on YouTube that there is a SOMEWHERE where the Intro to ZOOROPA is inspired from..the amazing abstract part at the beginning...but before I could save the comment and  search for the source....that person deleted their comment......

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
56 minutes ago, pain_18_ said:

  Now looking back I think the worst remaster is the 2007 TJT one....It's good but I dont know....

  I think they did the right thing later on with BOY, October, WAR, TUF and AB

I CANT understand why on this Good Green Earth did they not properly remaster TJT for the 2017 edition and also include a cd with a Kindergarten type DEMO version...just like they did with Achtung Baby.....

I'd say the 2017 TJT remaster is the most disappointing one... overpriced and not much content

 

Anyway. Song for the day: Even Better Than The Real Thing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Frankaz said:

I'd say the 2017 TJT remaster is the most disappointing one... overpriced and not much content

 

Anyway. Song for the day: Even Better Than The Real Thing 

  YAS  It's tAAASSSSjabwdejgf It's the sickes cash grab I've ever seen...and ehen I say sick....I dont mean the GOOD kind of sick...

  YAS for  The real thing !!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

  And NO special edition of SOE for subscribers ahead of release.....!!!!!!

I HATE this years gift....I HATE IT.....I dont care if I get banned from here....I'm a fan..I have feelings and desires.

Money doesnt grow on trees.....

VINYL !!!! Are they serious !!!!

BRING ME the WAX Cylinders !!!!!

 

 

I want SOE   ... Now..... I cant wait any longer.

Edited by pain_18_
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Community Moderator
17 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

I dont care if I get banned from here....

1

Interrupting the scheduled program to make a pertinent observation: Despite gossip and perceived-heroic stances, no one around here is banned for having an opinion, even about the gift... there are very specific reasons for that (which can be found in the Terms + Conditions section of the site)...

going back to the subject ---> probably the best B side in the history of B sides:
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...