Sign in to follow this  
jimmerpro

General Admission questions THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017

Hey there.

I have not been on the floor at a stadium tour.

Will they section off areas of GA?  

I would think people would press towards the stage without some "order".

Cheers.

Although--just saw in the other (General) forum that some European shows will have "Pitch 1" (closer) and "Pitch 2" (further away)--sounds like sections, with Pitch 1 likely being more expensive.  I wish they did that in the US, but no sign of that so far over here.

I did see a graphic from TM for Dublin with Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 (pitch 2 being closer  to the stage which I thought was backwards)- with a divider between. I did not understand the accompanying comments about it exactly - as to whether or not you got the opportunity to purchase either 1 or 2 or it was automatically assigned - Or is it an imaginary line with a number just being assigned to the ticket ie arenas had GA 1 2 3 4 but meant nothing in terms of location - it was just a ticketing number. Any thoughts? would like to know before the presale.

Edited by nitz1

From the sites I checked, none of them had more than 1 GA option. Maybe the divider is there simply for crowd control? Meaning, Pitch 1 reaches certain capacity, it's closed down? I remember there was something similar in Frankfurt back in 2010 - they had a divider across the GA.  

Besides, with the exception of RedZone (which is really small, quite frankly), U2 aren't known for dividing GA into sections with tiered pricing. Unlike other bands who have no problems charging extra from their fans for GA section closer to the stage. 

Will I be able to use my presale code to buy tickets to two different shows, I know there is a 4 tix limit. But wasn't sure how Ticketmaster will be setup.

You should have a strategy for the day if you're doing GA.  Get fluids early while in line, use restroom once you have your spot on the floor and do not leave once concert starts.  Unless you're prepared to be toward the front of the line, IMO, GA isn't worth the hassle.

I did see a graphic from TM for Dublin with Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 (pitch 2 being closer  to the stage which I thought was backwards)- with a divider between. I did not understand the accompanying comments about it exactly - as to whether or not you got the opportunity to purchase either 1 or 2 or it was automatically assigned - Or is it an imaginary line with a number just being assigned to the ticket ie arenas had GA 1 2 3 4 but meant nothing in terms of location - it was just a ticketing number. Any thoughts? would like to know before the presale.

We've seen different price categories for GA before at some stadium show in the past (eg Brussels 2005) and more recently at Coldplay shows in Holland. The GA pitch 2 and pitch 1 indication for Croke Park makes me think there might me two price categories with a more expensive one as the Front of Stage section. I hope so. If the case I'll get GA in the presales for Croke Park. Traveling from Holland to Ireland for the Croke Park show. ;)

I did see a graphic from TM for Dublin with Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 (pitch 2 being closer to the stage which I thought was backwards)- with a divider between. I did not understand the accompanying comments about it exactly - as to whether or not you got the opportunity to purchase either 1 or 2 or it was automatically assigned - Or is it an imaginary line with a number just being assigned to the ticket ie arenas had GA 1 2 3 4 but meant nothing in terms of location - it was just a ticketing number. Any thoughts? would like to know before the presale.

This may be a dumb question. But are people generally okay with you leaving the GA line for a few (for like the bathroom and stuff). My family and I would obviously switch off. I never did a stadium GA and I plan on waiting in line from around noon. I just want to know what to prepare for. I mean its going to be like 6-7 hours in line.