Splitting Presale ticket allocation across multiple shows

Mark Taylor

• Subscriber

Hi,

It is stated in the FAQs that you can split your allocation of 4 presale tickets, across 1, 2, 3 or even 4 different shows. I want to split mine 2 and 2 across 2 shows.

Has anyone ever done this on u2.com, and how easy is it?

I am fearful of two things:

1) doing this and the presale code not reworking for the second two tickets/show

2) doing this and managing to get GA for the first show but not the second

Any advice please?

In an ideal world you would be able to go on to u2.com and select two GA for one show, 2 for the other...Boom! I'm sure that won't be the case though...

Also any thoughts on buying presales direct through the ticket agents' sites rather than from u2.com, which is best and does direct cause more issues as per 1) above?

Cheers and good luck everyone!

All the best,

Mark.

• Community Moderator

I meant buying from agents directly not u2.com....for example you can already see from TM site that they will allow presale input directly...the more important point is how easy will it be to split across two shows?...

the general idea is that you buy the tickets for venue A, then go to the site of venue B, enter there your code and buy the rest of the tickets allowed...

• Subscriber

I meant buying from agents directly not u2.com....for example you can already see from TM site that they will allow presale input directly...the more important point is how easy will it be to split across two shows?...

the general idea is that you buy the tickets for venue A, then go to the site of venue B, enter there your code and buy the rest of the tickets allowed...

Still curious as to see how this will work out for the European sales split over different countries. But on the other hand, I've noticed that it's mostly ticketmaster, so maybe they have some kind of mutual database or something now ...

Edited by jojes

• Subscriber

I had no issue doing this on Ticketmaster for I+E. Bought a single GA ticket for one MSG show, and then another single for a later GA MSG show. No problem. Well, aside from Ticketmaster.com crashing and burning and barely being functional... but no issues with using the code twice! ;-)

• Subscriber

Thanks Jeff that is reassuring. :) well except the crashing and burning bit ;).

Hope the servers/system is more stable this time.

I was hoping AXS would do the tickets - their 'wait room' system is awesome and worked so well last time for the 02 gigs...sigh.

• Subscriber

If I remember correctly there was some kind of problem with people buying too much of their allocated tickets using the same pre sale code. When the people of U2 and/or Ticketmaster found out their tickets where blocked. 

Having said that it would be no problem to re-use your code, as long as you'll stick to the maximum of 4. 

And yes, the sale is done by Ticketmaster in most occasions, but be aware that you'll have to create an account for every single Ticketmaster site. So if you're planning to buy tix for Amsterdam, Dublin, Berlin and London, you better begin with creating accounts on ticketmaster.nl .ie .de and .co.uk in order to go through the system smoothly.