Red Zone - is it worth it? (MERGED)

Trudor

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My experience for the 360 tour in red zone was not so good as I was in RZ-2 and would have preferred to be on the EDGE side RZ-1. Personally, I think that they should make the RZ a "bubble" around the entire "tree" including stage front. They could put more ppl in (comfortably) and possibly reduce the price a bit. WIN WIN

• Subscriber

Hey!

Anyone here with Redzone experience? During the 360Tour it looked pretty fancy, not to crowded. But during the last tour it looked a bit like a ripoff, only partially along the stage. I don't like GA, because I don't have time to stand in line all day to catch a good spot.

I have done RZ twice for stadium shows....agree with the other postings about the arena shows...the vicinity marked off for RZ wasn't much of an advantage. I would say the fixed pricing of $350 vs $87 for the GA's is my determining factor. The last two RZ's I purchased cost me $180 and $220. so jumping up that much when I like to see multiple shows isn't in the cards. I will say if you want a more relaxed environment then the RZ is a good option.

• Subscriber

i got VIP Red Zone in both Vancouver and Pasadena. i haven't' done RZ in years, but really can't dedicate the time to the GA line this year.

any idea what comes with this aside from a souvenir ticket? 

• Subscriber

(RED) Zone 

The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. Special features include: 

Barricaded area immediately adjacent to the Stage 
Extremely limited capacity 
VIP Entrance to the venue 
Collectors souvenir ticket 
An opportunity to be selected for a pre show backstage tour 
Access to purchase pre-show refreshments 
A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign

• Subscriber

My tickets for Gillette were for reserved seats (not VIP) and were $285 each plus the low,low Ticketmaster service charge of $20.95. You'd think for the money they raised in service fees for this concert, they'd have an online ticketing system that works. And their CAPTCHA is awful. I'd rather type in "toast human" than play click the squares that are made of pizza or trucks or signs...I mean is the post part of the sign? Do I click that? Or just the sign? Seriously. 

How about you select "I'm not a robot" because your so damn mad you have to take a stupid clicking test while all the tickets for the area you want are gone!

• Subscriber

I totally thought RZ was worth it even for I&E.  It was awesome having a special entrance. No waiting, on the rail or slightly back with plenty of room, easy access to rest rooms and the bar (they kind of go hand in hand).  For JT being that it is a Stadium tour I think RZ is more valuable.  I probably do 1 or maybe 2 shows this time in RZ.  It does get a little pricey.  But, honestly, I think RZ is perfect for Baby Boomers who grew up with U2 and may have a little more disposable income and are done with waiting in line for hours.

I'm not sure if the perks for VIP tix make them better than RZ as they are much further away than RZ and cost more.

• Subscriber

On 360 tour I bought Red Zone in the auction. I think I paid €95. I thought it was worthwhile. I found myself a good spot on Edge's side and enjoyed the experience.

For I&E, I bought Red Zone for one show. It was a disaster.

The set up for this tour seems similar to the 360 shows, apart from the fact that there is no Red Zone on Adam's side (at least for Dublin). I have Pitch 2 for Dublin. I will keep my options open about what to go for if a second date is announced.

Archived