Was anyone able to buy RedZone Today?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I'm confused because there were also $70 tickets for the Red Zone in Seattle but they are for seats: Section GAFL5   Row GA2   Seats 44, 45. I grabbed them but am now wondering if they are actually in there.

attachicon.gifTickets _ U2_ THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017 - Seattle WA at Ticketmaster.html

Oh, you ran into the same issue I did. Those were GA tickets mislabeled as RED zone. Initially they mislabeled RED zone and the packages weren't showing up, even using the links from here. It took about 5 minutes before I saw the packages show up. They always assign "seats" to GA or RED zone GA tickets. They're meaningless. 

• Subscriber

I'm confused because there were also $70 tickets for the Red Zone in Seattle but they are for seats: Section GAFL5   Row GA2   Seats 44, 45. I grabbed them but am now wondering if they are actually in there.

attachicon.gifTickets _ U2_ THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017 - Seattle WA at Ticketmaster.html

Oh, you ran into the same issue I did. Those were GA tickets mislabeled as RED zone. Initially they mislabeled RED zone and the packages weren't showing up, even using the links from here. It took about 5 minutes before I saw the packages show up. They always assign "seats" to GA or RED zone GA tickets. They're meaningless. 

Damn. It's still showing as the only price when I clicked on the Red Zone box just now. GA is totally fine though. I would have gone for it anyway. Just thought it would be safer in the Red Zone.

• Subscriber

Yet another screw up by Ticketmaster. I saw redzone for $70 and knew something wasn't right because they're never that cheap. They just made it confusing for everyone and those that clicked that essentially missed out on the true redzone tickets that were available and bought other tickets. I've bought a lot of tickets for a lot of shows and I can rarely remember a presale being this f'd up.

• Subscriber

No issues here this time. Have definitely had issues with past tours though.

I got 4 for Cleveland, 2 separate orders. Not able to use code anymore. Also, you cannot re-sell these tickets. Not that I would want to!!  Feel bad for anyone that gets scammed buying them from third parties. 

• Subscriber

I got 2 GAs for Vancouver right away. I bought one Red Zone for Seattle, and got through right away. My buddy was also trying for Red Zone Seattle (using TM app), and kept coming up as nothing available. I tired for him for a few minutes with my laptop Firefox browser, and after a few minutes (about 15 minutes after they went on sale), I managed to get him a Red Zone ticket. He owes me one presale code now. :)

Bottom line: keep trying. You never know when/if you'll get through.

• Subscriber

I didn't have any luck with RZ at Gillette. They did have some VIP available (500+ each) but I opted for the reserved seating.

I despise Gillette Stadium for concerts and football. It's great for futbol because no one shows up and you don't have to spend literally 3 hours in the parking lot just get on Route 1...but for U2 or Patriots I'm already dreading it. Not dreading it enough to not go...but this like the only exception. I passed on this for PopMart and 360 just because it was Gillette..but this is the Joshua Tree dammit. $50 parking be damned.

Oh for those interested there is a hotel on site and it is a "special event" rate of $850/night (includes tax but not parking). 

I didn't need that equity in my house anyway. But it beats getting home Sunday night/Monday morning at 4:30 AM!