Please "shuffle" the Joshua Tree

like_a_song

• Subscriber

U2 members, managers, and fans --

As someone who has attended several "play an album" style concerts by beloved artists like Peter Gabriel, Patti Smith, and The Breeders, I humbly ask that U2 consider not simply playing the Joshua Tree from front to back at some point during the concert on this tour.  The reason I request this is that a big part of the appeal of concerts -- beyond seeing the artists live, the crowd, and the volume -- is not knowing what will be played next and the surprise and anticipation that leads to.  So while I definitely like the idea of revisiting a favorite beloved album like the Joshua Tree (the first rock concert I ever saw!), I hate the idea of knowing what song will be played next for an hour of the show.  To that end, please consider either putting the Joshua Tree on shuffle or of mixing other songs between the Joshua Tree numbers.

Sincerely,

-like_a_song

• Subscriber

The Edge commented in an interview with Rolling Stone Mag that they will play the album in sequence apart from Streets as they felt they wanted to wok towards that song.

He also commented about playing other 'rare' songs.

When the Interviewer asked him about Drowning Man and Acrobat he knew the fans wanted Acrobat but not DM and said he was very interested in this.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/the-edge-breaks-down-u2s-upcoming-joshua-tree-tour-w459473 

• Subscriber

...play the album in sequence...

Awwww... :'(

In the "hope springs eternal" category, when we were this many months away from the start of the i+e tour, I believe there was still the expectation that the two shows would have "a completely different feel from one night to the next", and we all know how that turned out...  so arguably there's still time for change to occur.  What's the best way of getting this opinion in front of the band though?  I can't think that I'm alone in music fans in thinking this way.

Ooh, a concert with Drowning Man and/or Acrobat would be a dream come true.  My last few U2 shows I've really wanted to hear them dig into deeper cuts more than they have and not just to stick to the hits.  Something to hope for.