Croke ticket question/feedback

ksjones

• Subscriber

I was also affected by the browser issues this morning -at first assumed it was because it was 4am Canadian time and I wasn't thinking straight, then realized I had to go through U2.com - argh.  Was trying for Red Zone or Pitch 2, couldn't get any and ended up with seated an hour in (didn't want Pitch 1).  I grabbed 2 in 332 row F. Is anyone familiar with the venue and stage setup - they decent seats?

One other question - I spoke with Ticketmaster.ie about getting a refund on those if I can snag RZ in the presale tomorrow or general onsale (since I'm "upgrading" the tickets).  They said "maybe" if the event sells out, but no guarantees.  If not, just confirming that Croke Park is not using paperless, i.e. I could sell the seated ones I have to someone else if I can snag RZ?  Might be tricky selling them from Canada, but I'm assuming night of show would be option also. 

Any input would be appreciated.

• Subscriber

I'd be pretty happy with those seats to be honest.

Stadiums are deceiving on the seating plan you might look miles away but usually the middle sections of seating are usually the best as you get the best visual experience and the sound is usually great. 

The sections closest to the stage are often hit and miss but more often than not you miss any visual effects from the staging. 

I've been to countless stadium shows all over the UK (and Croke Park) and been seated as well as standing - so just speaking from my experience.  :)

• Subscriber

I had some issues as well with ticketmaster yesterday morning when trying for tickets, was hoping for RZ but finally got 4 seats also in 332.  I have always been fairly close to the stage at U2 concerts so I was also concerned that these seats are too far away!

Tried again this morning with a Wireless code to see if I could get anything closer, but the seats I finally got were even further away so I skipped them (hope I have not de-activated the code now!).

I'll stick with 332 - just happy to have tickets.  And the difference in price will cover my flight anyway :)

• Subscriber

I hope I can get some feedback on sections at Croke Park.  I have a choice of section 302 Row NN or Section 307 Row S.  If you have an opinion on which is the better seat, I would love to hear it and also appreciate it.  I am worried 302 may be too much of a side view.  Thank you.

• Subscriber

I hope I can get some feedback on sections at Croke Park.  I have a choice of section 302 Row NN or Section 307 Row S.  If you have an opinion on which is the better seat, I would love to hear it and also appreciate it.  I am worried 302 may be too much of a side view.  Thank you.

check out the stadium interactive map.

https://crokepark.ie/concerts/u2

Would suggest you have great seats either way.