GA line process Rose Bowl

carvajfcutah

• Subscriber

Anyone know where we will be lining up before we're allowed on the property? I'm trying to get a handle on which side of the stadium the queue will start. Also where do people leave their car while in line, before the parking lots open at 2:30pm? Any suggestions from a local? We'll be driving in on Friday, arriving in the afternoon. Our plan is to go to the stadium and have half of us jump out of the car to investigate, to prep for an early Saturday morning. This venue sounds intimidating any help is appreciated ;-)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, Hewsonite said:

Anyone know where we will be lining up before we're allowed on the property? I'm trying to get a handle on which side of the stadium the queue will start. Also where do people leave their car while in line, before the parking lots open at 2:30pm? Any suggestions from a local? We'll be driving in on Friday, arriving in the afternoon. Our plan is to go to the stadium and have half of us jump out of the car to investigate, to prep for an early Saturday morning. This venue sounds intimidating any help is appreciated ;-)

It's really not that big, I think seattle may have been bigger. Rose bowl has communicated with atu2 and said they'll send out GA information towards the end of the week

• Subscriber
On 5/13/2017 at 11:55 AM, rlavi said:

This is my first stadium GA experience in LA. I did GA in Boston for 360 and was able to be about a row back from the rails arriving a few hours before doors (around 3:00 pm). Same for I+E at the Forum. I don't need to be right on the rails but want to be close to the front, within the first few rows. Will I be ok if I arrive around 3 to get in line, or will I be out of luck? 

Honestly yes. As long as you get there before 5 you should find a releatively close spot to a rail. Maybe 4-5 back.

• Subscriber

Hi All,

I'm bringing my boys to their first U2 concert!! I've been a number of times, but only once for GA at the Forum for I+E. I went the night before the show and got a number (87), and was able to get to the rail for the show. It was incredible and I'm hoping to have the same kind of luck with my boys (13 and 10 years old). Unfortunately, we live in San Diego and will be driving up more on Saturday morning since my husband will be taking a red-eye flight from NY to make it back in time for the show. I'm wondering if any of you long time GA'ers have any advice if we should really push to make it up on Friday night to get a number or if Saturday morning will still get up a good spot? I'm mostly worried if we end up back a few row in GA that they will not be able to see over people as we're all pretty short. Any advice for this momma wanting to give her kids the ultimate experience? Thanks, friends!

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, lynander said:

Hi All,

I'm bringing my boys to their first U2 concert!! I've been a number of times, but only once for GA at the Forum for I+E. I went the night before the show and got a number (87), and was able to get to the rail for the show. It was incredible and I'm hoping to have the same kind of luck with my boys (13 and 10 years old). Unfortunately, we live in San Diego and will be driving up more on Saturday morning since my husband will be taking a red-eye flight from NY to make it back in time for the show. I'm wondering if any of you long time GA'ers have any advice if we should really push to make it up on Friday night to get a number or if Saturday morning will still get up a good spot? I'm mostly worried if we end up back a few row in GA that they will not be able to see over people as we're all pretty short. Any advice for this momma wanting to give her kids the ultimate experience? Thanks, friends!

Only time I did Rose Bowl GA (360), I got there around 7am and I got to be inside the circle. You can arrive at 7-8am and get a decent spot in my opinion. Still.....if you can drive down to LA on friday night, you may feel better due to the extra hours of sleep. I will drive down on friday from Tijuana, better safe than sorry.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, mochidachshund said:

It's really not that big, I think seattle may have been bigger. Rose bowl has communicated with atu2 and said they'll send out GA information towards the end of the week

Thanks for the info.  I emailed the Rose Bowl on Sat and have yet to hear back. 

Rose bowl not that big?!  Seattle has a stated capacity of 72,000 vs 92,000 for Rose Bowl. There were 97,000 people there for 360. 

• Subscriber

I guess we'll all find out specifics on Friday........

https://www.rosebowlstadium.com/events/u2

from the FAQs:

I purchased GA Floor seats, can I enter the Stadium at any gate? No. If you have GA Floor tickets, you will only be permitted to enter the Stadium at Gate E.

Is camping allowed so that I can hold my place in the GA Floor ticket line? No. Camping is not permitted before or after the event anywhere on the Rose Bowl Stadium property or surrounding Arroyo.  

Where is the line going to form for GA Floor Entry? Gate E

What time can I begin lining up for GA Floor Seating? If you are a GA Floor ticket holder, you will receive an email on Friday, May 19th with specific details. For further information, please visit our Rose Bowl Stadium website, post the May 19th email blast.

• Subscriber

I think that will partly depend on what the details are in the Rose Bowl email on Friday, and other factors, but we're just going to wing it, show up Friday afternoon/evening and see whats going on.  By the way, in 2009, by the time the afternoon of the show rolled around, I had 3 different numbers from 3 different lists: two fan lists (one from Fri evening and a different one from Sat morning), then the venue, so the venue list/wristbands ultimately made the fan lists meaningless.  Then after the "stampede", all the numbers became irrelevant.  So good luck!

Archived