Ticketmaster.ie Presale didn't start till 9:05 am & now no pitch tickets

irish_lad_sd

• Subscriber

I eventually got tickets but was a complete nightmare and all a bit disheartening to be honest. Ticketmaster.ie as in the Irish site (I am sure other regions are as bad too) seem to make a huge hassle of the Irish presales.

When I bought tickets for the 3arena gigs the codes didn't work for hours before I could purchase them. 

And it is not right that tickets are available for presale but just have not been released in to the system by ticketmaster/ promoters and genuine fans who are desperate to buy tickets have to keep refreshing pages hoping for something to be allocated by drip effect.

I did not find tickets till 10:29 am for pitch standing. The rare odd seat allocation option every time I searched but no pitch tickets and mostly saying no tickets available for anywhere.

Also I get Irish venues are popular for U2 fans as people all over world want to experience a U2 gig in Ireland. But maybe a portal for Irish subscribers should be a thing too with a small set amount of tickets for people who are on at the 9am time and then worldwide allocation after 10 am.

I don't blame U2 at all in this I should add. But I do think they have the influence to sort this too.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Also I get Irish venues are popular for U2 fans as people all over world want to experience a U2 gig in Ireland. But maybe a portal for Irish subscribers should be a thing too with a small set amount of tickets for people who are on at the 9am time and then worldwide allocation after 10 am.

I don't blame U2 at all in this I should add. But I do think they have the influence to sort this too.

TM would just find a way to screw that up too.  I sort of do blame the band/management....... other bands I follow use the presale system and they seem to take an interest in making sure that theirs go smoothly..... and they do..... never had a problem. U2 presales are the only ones that brings me grief. Last time, I was on the phone to the USA to sort out crap out. Having said that, I'm just a normal, long-time U2 follower; not one of the swivel-eyed nut jobs that every band suffers from.

• Subscriber

TM would just find a way to screw that up too.  I sort of do blame the band/management....... other bands I follow use the presale system and they seem to take an interest in making sure that theirs go smoothly..... and they do..... never had a problem. U2 presales are the only ones that brings me grief. Last time, I was on the phone to the USA to sort out crap out. Having said that, I'm just a normal, long-time U2 follower; not one of the swivel-eyed nut jobs that every band suffers from.

I think other bands when they do a presale they just allocate a certain amount of tickets and that is that. I think its when ticketmaster.ie and promoters interfere and ration the allocation is when problems arise and that seems to be the case with this and seemingly every U2 gig. 

Seatwave which ticketmaster own have a load of tickets up already too with huge inflated prices, its a disgrace. Tickets have not even gone on general sale to the public.

• Subscriber

I think other bands when they do a presale they just allocate a certain amount of tickets and that is that. I think its when ticketmaster.ie and promoters interfere and ration the allocation is when problems arise and that seems to be the case with this and seemingly every U2 gig. 

Seatwave which ticketmaster own have a load of tickets up already too with huge inflated prices, its a disgrace. Tickets have not even gone on general sale to the public.

Man, I LOATHE Ticketmaster....... and I'm more than pissed that the band allows them to get get away with doing that with their tickets.... that sh!t is just wrong wrong wrong. God, I really, REALLY hate Ticketmaster.

• Subscriber

I've never seen them play live, never could get tickets in all the decades they've played here, so I thought presale is my only hope. Subscribed and paid my $50. I have little or no interest in any of the fan content on U2.com so $50 is very steep and a gamble. I've had a nightmare of a day trying unsuccessfully to get tickets with my presale code. Got as far as having the damn things ready to purchase then Ticketmaster chokes telling me there's a problem with my submission! Ive checked all the details at least ten times and even went as far as phoning the bank to verify my card details etc. All okay there. Tried again and nothing. Saw quite a few poor seats trying to get back in and now theres nothing. Now ticketless with a pretty much useless subscription and a useless access code. A refund should be offered because of this fiasco. I feel robbed by Bono! Ticketmaster you f***ing monopoly... you suck! 

Edited by david_hayes

• Subscriber

I don't know if there's any truth in this, but it's been suggested before that if you sign up with Ticketmaster and sign in before the tickets go on sale, your whole purchasing experience will be a lot quicker and smoother. 

• Subscriber

I don't know if there's any truth in this, but it's been suggested before that if you sign up with Ticketmaster and sign in before the tickets go on sale, your whole purchasing experience will be a lot quicker and smoother. 

I was signed in with ticketmaster since 8:30 made no difference. Ironically when I checked on ticketmaster uk to see if the site was up and not signed in as don't have a UK account . I could see ticket available when I searched.

• Subscriber

Yes I was signed in and it didn't help. I've contacted Ticketmaster and just received an email from them confirming a glitch on their payment system, yet no resolution. 

I see StubHub and (ironically) Seatwave have tickets up for sale at extortionate prices right now. Seems unfair.

Looks like Ticketmaster were trying to shift a lot of the undesirable seats way up in the nosebleeds and miles away from the action with this presale. Croke Park really is a terrible venue for concerts. I'll certainly not be subscribing to any presales again and save my hard earned money for other gigs in better venues. If U2 need my $50 that badly, well...