Where are you staying ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Gibson Hotel, just across the Liffey from Hanover Quay. Still close enough to Croke and downtown and I like to walk, so it should be great. Paid a hefty amount because I booked late, but that's on me. This is gonna rock!

• Subscriber

Gibson Hotel, just across the Liffey from Hanover Quay. Still close enough to Croke and downtown and I like to walk, so it should be great. Paid a hefty amount because I booked late, but that's on me. This is gonna rock!

staying at the spencer - stayed at the gibson last year and had what i will only describe as an underwhelming experience (nothing wrong with the rooms but some serious staff competency issues that kept adding up to make a frustrating stay)

• Subscriber

Its crazy put there on Airbnb... just booked a place for around Eur 80 a night which is around 15 drive from Croke park. Crumlin area if i remember right. My first time im Dublin so had to take help of Maps to finlaize the right option. Its crazy as i have never seen places getting booked this fast within a day on Airbnb. I have tried Amsterdam during I&E tour and it was smooth sailing in comparison.

• Subscriber

Coming from Canada. Was able to book The Clarence ...going for the full U2 experience :)

Stayed at the Clarence in 2009 for the 360 shows - I checked availability the day before this  announcement and stupidly did not book it - It was wide open - Next day - blocked and gone! We liked it then - Had a River Suite which was large - it was the only room left when I booked. In 2015 We stayed at the Morgan on Fleet Street in Temple Bar - Loved it!   Nice and modern small boutique  if that's what you like -great service and great coctktail bar and in the middle of everything - In 2009 we walked part of the way to and back from Croke - with thousands and thousands of fans! I will never forget it - Leaving the stadium, walking through the residential streets, thousands singing in unison - I still get chills! Can't wait to do it again! Weather was tremendous in 2009 - no rain but for a shower night 3. 2015 a different story - Rain and Cold for 4 days - glad the shows were indoors!  So this time it is the Morgan again! Location, Location Location!  Will see everyone in Dublin in July!

• Subscriber

Coming from Canada. Was able to book The Clarence ...going for the full U2 experience :)

Highly recommend going to Cleaver East for dinner so, or at least the afternoon tea. The Liquor Rooms, the cocktail bar, downstairs is a bit dungeon-y but the drinks are great!

• Subscriber

sleeping on a park bench for two nights at the moment.

Tried to book room in the Temple Bar Hostel last week through Lastminute and received an email over weekend saying they couldnt secure the booking. 

AirBnB has also gone through the roof now for anywhere remotely central.