Where are you staying ?

shack1

• Subscriber

Google maps ;)

It says less than 3km in less than 40 minutes, uphill on your way to Croke

https://goo.gl/maps/k63aQ62socr

Thank you, I'm guessing that it will be a case of head to the city centre, hopefully there will be some u2 themed stuff going on in the afternoon, and then follow the hordes up to Croke Park.

Murrays Bar at the top right of O'Connell St was fantastic at the last Croke Park weekend. Beer garden out back, tribute bands, and loads of U2 fans from around the world - hopefully they put on something similar in July. 

Of course they will do something similar, what am I thinking! :)

Great also as you just come out turn right and take a 20 min stroll to Croker after a couple of pre concert beverages. We'll bus it in from the outskirts, and meet my brother and sister n law there. Just have to find a taxi post gig to get us back out to our hotel.

You nailed it....Murray's was the ideal spot.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I remember Murrays last time too - it was great. 

I'm staying 5 minutes away from there so really looking forward to a drinking session in there throughout the day. Hopefully meet up with some other fans from around the forum.

• Subscriber

A friend and I are traveling over from San Diego, CA, 3 days prior for our bucket list U2 concert experience! We got an Airbnb south of city center and hope the public transpo won't be too crazy on the day of! Hoping to meet lots of fun fellow u2 fans! 

• Subscriber

A friend and I are traveling over from San Diego, CA, 3 days prior for our bucket list U2 concert experience! We got an Airbnb south of city center and hope the public transpo won't be too crazy on the day of! Hoping to meet lots of fun fellow u2 fans!

i remember in 2009 roads were closed a certain distance from Crome to regular traffic- we got a taxi from temple bar as far as it would take us and walked with the crowds- same on the way back- walking and singing

Tens of thousands strong

• Subscriber

Anyone stuck for a hotel? Wife booked rooms thinking she was just reserving them :unsure: , of coarse as luck would have it we never got tickets for Dublin so I have 2 double rooms for Friday and Saturday night at The Leeson Lodge for €342 each If anyone is interested.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/the-gay-inn-dublin.en-gb.html?aid=340296;sid=502ccbd2abe92f5bd3003b83777e4f90

Bumpity bump........ :)

Everyone got hotels sorted?

• Subscriber

After much deliberation, I have decided to stay in my own home. Ten minutes walk to venue.

you got a couple of spare rooms for four people ?

Worth a try

Archived