Sign in to follow this  
U2familydavid

Presale Disappointment / But Still My Fave Band (MERGED)

Unless you were in the Red Hill group you were very, very limited on what you could buy

Very few Wire members got GA and were offered nosebleeds instead

Not completely true, many Wires here in Zoo saying they (eventually) were able to get GA 

I have had presale disappointment in the past after being a member for years.  So I stopped.  Now trying to get tickets as general public is a joke.  On TM right at 10am CST and all gone already?  I am also seeing tickets on Stubhub and other Ticket Broker sites for the Chicago June 4 show, for which presale does not even start until tomorrow...how is that possible?  U2 will always be my favorite band but I am truly disappointed in how this is being run.  The scalpers are still winning... :angry:

I as well as many others tried to get GA pre sale tickets for Tampa. I put the blame on ticket master servers not able to handle the volume. Anyway no luck for pre sale but did get GA today about 3 hours into open sales. So much for paying membership fees if you can't get pre sale tickets that you are looking for. Still one of the best all time bands. Would of loved to see them when I was in Ireland but no shows at that time.

Good things come to those that wait!  I started this thread a few days ago very disappointed with value of my "pre-sale" in getting decent tix for the Rosebowl show...

However, the addition of the second RoseBowl Show and my 9am pre-sale effort got my family 4 GA Tix!  Super excited to take my 2 kids to see my fave band since 1986.  It'll be their first rock show. Can't think of a better way to get their concert career going.

I felt the need to remedy by salty post of a few days ago now that my presale investment has payed off.

Enjoy the shows World!