jenmusic

Have to Count - the new and improved one :P

45, 536 - The UK isn't doing well either - we've got the highest death toll in Europe and we know the government is under-reporting the real figures by at least 20,000 :( 

Pubs are re-opening from today, which is a silly idea. People are not going to keep a safe distance when they're drunk - and our police forces are already worried about potential for trouble. Our theatres, music venues etc are in serious trouble, but are not getting anywhere near enough help from the government. Apparently pubs are seen as more important than culture :rolleyes: :angry:

45537 Who would have thought the world would be like this,six months ago........not even in my wildest fantasies. Everytning is open in Sweden and has been the whole time. The amusment parkswill not be open this summer though. I just hope I can go to Iceland for Chrismas. People from Sweden might have to be tested at arrival and do the two weeks qarantine. Sweden is one of the high risk countries, with USA,Russia, Brasil and India. Pretty unbelievable. We can't even travel to Norway and Denmark.

45, 538 - Monday counting. It was nice to have Formula 1 back over the weekend - the racing was good, even if it looked a bit weird with no fans there. And no-one knows yet how long the season will be. 8 Grand Prix are confirmed, which is the minimum for an official championship, but they're doubling up races at some tracks to even make that happen. 

And some teams/drivers have *already* had to be reminded about the need to wear masks at all times when out of the car - the Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel was doing his TV interview on Saturday with no mask on :rolleyes:

And I seem to have jinxed the drivers I chose for the fantasy F1 game. You can have 5 drivers in your team - and 3 of my picks didn't even finish the race yesterday :lol:

45539 I’m not so keen on Formula 1. Guess the speed is a bit terrifying. 

15 hours ago, pollyanna said:

45539 I’m not so keen on Formula 1. Guess the speed is a bit terrifying. 

45, 540 - It is a dangerous sport, despite the ongoing efforts to make it safer. My Mum completely stopped watching it in 1994, after Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenberger died in crashes at the Imola circuit. 

Modern cars are a lot sturdier - drivers can walk away unhurt from crashes that scare the *bleep* out of me watching on TV. It's amazing to watch the skill of the drivers racing and over-taking at those speeds, but you are always aware of the danger.  Thankfully, serious injuries and fatalities are extremely rare now because of all the safety work. Since Imola, there's only been one death in F1 and that was a complete freak accident in Japan 2014, where Jules Bianchi's car slid off the track in very wet conditions and hit a recovery vehicle that was retrieving another car. Bianchi died in hospital several months later in 2015, having never regained consciousness :(

45, 541 - Lunchtime counting. You know life is getting back to normal when the door-to-door salespeople start coming round again :rolleyes:

Although my Dad thinks this one may have been a potential distraction burglar :o He seemed *very* keen to try and come in to measure our windows even though Dad made it clear we don't need any. And the pushy sales tactics are not cool either. We've reported him and put a warning on the local social media page.

45, 542 - Late-night counting. I stayed up watching a member of our Star Wars trading card group broadcast opening a case of cards (One case = 12 hobby boxes). He pulled some amazing sketches and autographs.

The broadcast was made especially amusing by the fact the gentleman broadcasting it sounds *uncannily* like Adam Driver (who plays Kylo Ren in the new trilogy) :lol: 

45545 Out camping 🙂 even been bathing in the lake 😎

Edited by pollyanna