Have to Count - the new and improved one :P

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

42 811 all sorted job in the bag.I start a week on Monday. Can't wait to hand my notice in at my old job tomorrow. ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

44, 267 - THREE MORE SLEEPS TO MANCHESTER!!! 

43 981.all sorted trains booked and paid for.i can't believe how fast the tour is coming around.????

Posted Images

• Subscriber
On 3/28/2021 at 1:23 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

45, 636 -  @Frankaz The problem is that *everyone* will probably pile outside and make places overcrowded (again)  :(  Although, if all goes well, I might be able to spend some time with my best friend for my birthday in a few months' time. Fingers crossed. 

Excited counting as today is the first Grand Prix of the new F1 season :D 

46 646 It's been like that up here near the coast (especially Cullercoats and Whitley Bay) even during lockdown. We've been going to quieter places in the countryside instead.

There's probably going to be more trouble this week with pubs reopening...

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Frankaz said:

46 646 It's been like that up here near the coast (especially Cullercoats and Whitley Bay) even during lockdown. We've been going to quieter places in the countryside instead.

There's probably going to be more trouble this week with pubs reopening...

46, 647 - I dread to think what the pubs are going to be like  :unsure:  The situation is not helped by the tabloid press hyping things up and making their readers think that it's some sort of national duty to rush to their local and get absolutely trollied. I pity the police and ambulance people who'll have to deal with the aftermath. 

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for confirmation as to when some of the local libraries will reopen. The larger ones have confirmed they will reopen immediately, but the smaller ones (including the one where I work) may take a little while longer as they're run by parish councils and have to wait for the councils to have their meetings and agree that they feel safe to reopen. 

• Subscriber

46, 649 - Happy counting as I got to go to a library *and* a bookshop today :D

It felt good to have a change of scenery after months at home. 

I hope your work picks up @peterferris8 I'm guessing people in your area are maybe a bit nervous about going out just yet. 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

46, 649 - Happy counting as I got to go to a library *and* a bookshop today :D

It felt good to have a change of scenery after months at home. 

I hope your work picks up @peterferris8 I'm guessing people in your area are maybe a bit nervous about going out just yet. 

46650 - I hope so too! I wasn't even needed at work yesterday or today so I'm just staying home. It's not even nervousness about going out, because people are heading to pubs and bars with outdoor seating no problemo. If anything it's more to do with how remote my workplace is compared to everywhere else in town. Good thing I've still got flexible furlough to tide me over.

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
On 4/6/2021 at 11:18 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

45, 645 - Evening weather update: we had even more snow earlier this evening. @Malahide I think you must have sent it over here :lol:

46651 I am innocent. :) We had only one more day of snow during that period. Since then we only have lots of wind and cold. :huh:  

• Subscriber

46, 652 - @Malahide We've had some really nice sunshine in the last couple of days. Not especially warm, but the sun has made a nice change. Maybe I should try and send some of that over to you? :) 

Now I need to get on with counting today's words in my writing. 

• Subscriber

46, 654 - Starting the day with some counting. 

Good thing I checked the schedule this weekend - the Formula 1 practices and qualifying have been moved so as not to clash with Prince Philip's funeral.