Some tix are resellable through TM--differs by venue? Info?

• Subscriber

Hi all--

It's becoming clear that TM is allowing reselling (through them) of (at least some types?) tix in some venues, but not in others.  For example, from shows I'm going to, it appears that tix will be resellable in Chicago, but not in Cleveland.  It's helpful to know which venues are allowing this (all through TM) and which not--in case one can't make the show at the last minute for whatever reason.  Oddly, I have yet to hear of a venue which is allowing ticket transfer (aargh).

So--what are people seeing at other venues?  (you can check by getting into your account, pulling up your order, and clicking on "order details".  If they're resellable, you'll see a blue "sell" button).  What's happening at other US venues, or European ones? (e.g., Croake!).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

They all have the Sell button, but when I clicked it for my RZ tix, and typed in the code they e-mailed me, it said I couldn't sell them.

Oh, wow.  Actually, all venues do NOT have the sell button (at least on the "order details" page--Cleveland doesn't, for example), but I just assumed that if they did have the "sell" button, that one could do so.  Anyway, thanks for checking--that's important information (i.e., that even if you see the "sell" button, the tix may not be resellable after all).  Which venue are you talking about? (for yourself)?

Edited by mike7man
  • Subscriber

Bumping--really wanna know which venues are allowing reselling and which not!  Affects my plans (e.g., I might try buying for Croake park or whatever if I know I can unload the tix if I really need to).

• Subscriber

Actually, upon further investigation, it looks as if even tix that have a "sell" button (e.g., Chicago, Philly) are in fact not resellable through TM.  When one clicks on that, you get a code, which when entered ends up saying that the ticket cannot be resold because of the delivery method.  So maybe no tix are resellable at all.

• Subscriber

Bumping--really wanna know which venues are allowing reselling and which not!  Affects my plans (e.g., I might try buying for Croake park or whatever if I know I can unload the tix if I really need to).

I have a few cities they all have sell button, but I was told today I can't sell them if they are CC entry, which is against what their website says.  I got 4 NY GA's when I wanted Chicago.  I ended up with Chicago GA's now i have to get rid of the NY ones.  My NY has Sell button, along with Cleveland, Chicago, Pittsburgh Toronto.  All GA's.  All GA's they say you can sell and you think you can sell and then you can't sell LOL.

• Subscriber

Actually, upon further investigation, it looks as if even tix that have a "sell" button (e.g., Chicago, Philly) are in fact not resellable through TM.  When one clicks on that, you get a code, which when entered ends up saying that the ticket cannot be resold because of the delivery method.  So maybe no tix are resellable at all.

WEll you can't sell yours resale before the public onsale, that is a law in Illinois.  So how Stubhub is not breaking the law of selling tickets before a public onsale is beyond me.  So I am going to try the sell button after the public onsale.  Our Boston GA's also have can't sell and they are paper and they can be.  So that message is the same for both CC and paper entry, so something has to give post onsale date.

• Subscriber

Ah--so maybe things will change (i.e., become sellable, at least at some venues) after the public onsale.  It'll be good to find out.  Unfortunately, though, this kind of thing would be really handy to know NOW.  For example, say I got presale tix, but try (and succeed) in getting better tix at the public onsale.  Right now, we don't know if I'm permanently stuck with the original presale tix or not.  Needless to say, this makes planning very difficult.

• Subscriber

Here is one thing I found from my Ticketmaster email confirmation for RZ in Boston.  So it looks like you could possibly transfer the ticket to another name, the alternate pick up name, if you do it within 10 days of purchase. 

All packages are NON-REFUNDABLE. All sales are final. You must bring a valid PHOTO ID matching the PURCHASER/ATTENDEE NAME on this order. Those who cannot present a photo ID matching the PURCHASER name on the order will be turned away. IF YOU ARE ADDING AN ALTERNATE PICK UP NAME please contact vip.tickets@ticketmaster.com within 10 days of purchase.