• Subscriber

The GA for Vancouver sounded nuts...  I have GA for a different date (not Seattle) & am hoping that starts going more smoothly or I'm considering buying a seat or RED zone again if I can get it...

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, jajarthur said:

Are people camping overnight? Crap. I had no idea it would start this early. 

I'm hoping to get close with my 3 young boys. 

From what the guy told me last night and what Tomokeefe has posted basically instead of making everyone stay there overnight they are doing a set check in time for everyone allowing people to go back home or their hotel, to sleep, etc. It sounds like you sign in once you get there, with the one person on duty who has a checklist. I think they stamp your hand and tell you to report back at x time. They take turns in shifts and everyone spends a few hours as the list holder to sign new people up, but then everyone is required to check back in at a certain time. I am guessing that come tomorrow everyone will be required to show up and start lining up with everyone else. Tomo can probably shed more accurate light on how it works if different what I typed.

The one issue you may have with your young boys is having taller people standing in front of them the closer you get. Based on the photos I saw of Vancouver last night it was like a cattle car of fans together the closer you got to the B-stage and main stage but the further out you were on the floor the easier it was for smaller fans not to be crowded.

• Subscriber

The GA line in Vancouver was nuts. They started staging folks beyond the security checkpoint before doors opened, but there wasn't much space and it was overall pretty ineffective. It took nearly 2 hours to get in (after doors opened) from our spot at the second set of switchbacks. 

Anyone know if CenturyLink will be handing out official numbers/wrist bands for the GA queue? Many venues did this last tour and it was great. 

• Subscriber

Drove by today to familiarize ourselves with the GA situation. It's unfortunate we couldn't get a number - couldn't check in at these times due to medication schedule. looks like we'll be needing to go earlier than planned but it's worth it/risk.

IMG_0468.JPG

• bigwave unfeatured this topic