Tips for dealing with the post concert depression

illumination70

I'm just curious of what other Zootopians do to prevent the "post concert depression" we all eventually will deal  with when we return home to resume our "normal lives".  As for me, a regular exercise routine really helps.  For example, today was "cardio-day" so I completed a light, dance workout to keep it fun and fresh.  Enough about me, what do you do to deal with the After Show sadness?

• Subscriber

Attend more concerts ??? I'm fortunate to be in a great location for concerts. I average about 1-2 concerts a month. I look forward to the next one. 

I'm not one to really get too sad about the concert being over. Although I get why some do. I like to look through my photos, organize them & watch videos on YouTube to remember. I enjoy my memories. I also try & avoid overexposure to social media sharing of concert experiences. Which means I don't really do the live thread or tweet alongs & etc. 

Keeping my memories positive, being thankful & looking forward to my next adventure is what keeps me going. 

• Subscriber

I used to suffer from post concert depression DURING the concert!

There I'd be thinking "Oh man only three songs left. The show will be over soon, bummer."

But since I've focused on living in the moment I find that is not an issue. Now I have no regrets knowing that I made the most of each song and didn't spend too much time taking photographs for later.

So I guess that my advice is be present at the show, enjoy it thoroughly and look back with fond memories. Time moves forward, you can't hold onto a piece of it forever.

• 2 weeks later...

I always go on yoootoobe post show, and listen to the songs all over again and again and relive the moments. But I also agree with what someone on here said, be present when you are at the concert and take it all in, that way you feel that you've actually experienced something.

A good friend just told me to hold onto the positive feelings,  memories of  the show in order to deal with the dreaded post concert depression.  She then advised me to remember one or two "high points" of the show and hold onto them in my heart because they're special.  For example,when Larry came  out,  I screamed out his name with school girl, glee  and Adam's long coat because it suited him well.   :u2-1383:

• Subscriber

I know that feeling. I called it the 'Brucy Blues' for years, due to a strange feeling after a series of Bruce Springsteen's concerts. Some kind of sadness, that almost makes you cry when you think about some songs and all the memories of wonderful concerts. Fortunately now, we have youtube for the videos, and the bootlegs (audio and video) to re-live the shows.

On 6/5/2017 at 7:38 AM, StephOnTour87 said:

I know that feeling. I called it the 'Brucy Blues' for years, due to a strange feeling after a series of Bruce Springsteen's concerts. Some kind of sadness, that almost makes you cry when you think about some songs and all the memories of wonderful concerts. Fortunately now, we have youtube for the videos, and the bootlegs (audio and video) to re-live the shows.

I wonder if us Zootopians should call  our version the "Bono and the band" blues.