The Great American Eclipse!

wahine

OK, so where are you going to watch the Eclipse from? I am going to be in my front yard(the beach basically)in Melbourne Beach Florida...I was just up in South Carolina, Myrtle Beach, last week and there is no way I am making that drive again!! The eclipse is so close to the same view that I just feel the need to stay home in case the world goes nuts LOL!

1 hour ago, wahine said:

The only song they have been playing all morning here on the Space Coast has been U2 Staring at the Sun...its all over the weather channel, news, on and on.

It's ironic how they selected "staring at the sun" because that's the last thing you do during the eclipse unless you purchased one of those s0-called, special glasses.

LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing!!! I did not get any glasses...I have green/blue eyes and have surfed my whole life, early morning sessions for decades already fried my eyes. I get it twice as bad because the sun comes up here over the ocean (in California and Costa Rica it is setting over the ocean) so not only did I get it during sunrise but it reflects back up off the water at me....The Atlantic is super salty but most of the time I go under waves I duckdive and open my eyes ...needless to say my green eyes turned fairly blue lol....My sons eyes have done the same thing from surfing. My husband has brown eyes so his eyes have stayed brown...of course I did not get eclipse glasses either...I'm screwed LOL

All I can see are spots NOW!! I did not even look at it, I was up near Cocoa Beach driving down here to Melbourne Beach and the colors outside got BIZZARE!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen anything like this ever.....The shadows are all the wrong way and the birds are coming off the ocean flying over my house to roost on the spoil islands inbetween my barrier island and the mainland!!!! We still have 30 minutes to go here and it looks like a strange sunset in Florida...I have never seen this color before....strange orange. When I walked in the house everything was spots, now my eyes are settling down but I am SKETCHED OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't like this one bit. Feels like doomsday or something