The Blackout

U2Community

• Subscriber

2nd listen here.

Listening to it right now and I can't say anything because the CROWD noise doesnt let you understand anything.

*Angry*

Waiting for the album to come out and Crystal Clear Sound....

I can hear some of the band but I can't hear Edge at all.....

With what I could hear it's worse than SOI....

Constructive Criticism ....

Not that I NEED a guitar-solo but there is no Edge...at least not on this version......and I have pretty good hearing.

Also I can't hear Bono very well....he seems tired and bored.....

All I DO LOVE is the rhythm section because that's what I CAN hear.....!!! Well done boys..... U2 rock (see what I did there).....

These are my 2 cents ....I aint got more......Please give me more money so I can buy SOE..

Edited by pain_18_

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Here's a couple of cents...don't mean to bug ya.....

Love the Intro, but the 'live' schtick just kills the song for now, (it's like watching someone play a sports game on playstation with the canned crowd cheers....really odd effect to go for)

However: Very optimistic about the actual recorded version...Very excited about this record.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, razspazz said:

Love the Intro, but the 'live' schtick just kills the song for now, (it's like watching someone play a sports game on playstation with the canned crowd cheers....really odd effect to go for)

However: Very optimistic about the actual recorded version...Very excited about this record.

Raz...as always, well said, but did not know you were an Elevation and Vertigo fan !

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, razspazz said:

Right !!!

I think it will grow on me....especially after the whole album comes out....

For example....I only started to love Invisible  just this year.....

• Subscriber

Hmm... Well, I just gotta throw my 2 cents out there. 

Sometimes the songs I like the least at first, end up being the ones I like the most, so who knows? At this point, I feel like this is the type of song meant to be a "hit" to appeal to the masses. Part of the problem is the sound quality because I cannot really hear the lyrics very well. I'm not the type of person who often listens to music just because of the sound. (However, I do like some dubstep / electronic stuff! ;) ) Especially with U2, though, the words and meaning of the song are important to me and I'm not feeling it - at least not yet.

• Subscriber

The album has got to be better than this track. That is all. I've listened a few times. It's a decent track, but in the ilk of 'no line......'

To quote Bono in his interview recently ' We've got to be good on this album..' or words to that effect...Yes, you do - I know you will. ;)

The lads are still rockin though. That in itself is a bonus we should all consider before critique - myself included.

• Subscriber

The other day I only listened to it in the car and hadn't watched the video. Watched it for the first time this morning (and heard it for the second time), and I'm really liking it now. Walking around humming it. At this stage I reckon it's better than anything on SOI.

• Subscriber
On 8/31/2017 at 2:28 AM, badsilver said:

Oh no! Prayers! I may have no one to go to Minneapolis or Indianapolis or St Louis with me...my brother may have to watch my dogs....if you find yourself in those cities in a few weeks...maybe you can have the other spot...hate it to go to waste

I have a ticket to New Orleans, so barring any other disastrous weather, I will be there. Thanks you for the offer and prayers. :)

On 8/30/2017 at 11:05 PM, U2LAWoman said:

Sounds like a good opener. It's always so strange hearing a song for the first time, it takes a few listens to feel the song and I have to read the lyrics to get the feel.

So sorry you are unable to make the Detroit show. Happy Birthday and praying for Houston and Texas.

Thank you! I'm loving the lyrics to this song. So fitting.