Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

febottini

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Tflyer90 said:

I got a message just now saying they are shipping out the vinyls EARLY FEBRUARY 

Good lord...this is just insane.  I assure you I will NOT be falling for it again, so they can stop sending me emails asking me to renew.

• Subscriber

It would've been nice to have this information before renewing for 2018. This is the email I got (address and names removed) 

"Thanks for contacting us 

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your vinyls and I'd be happy to help.

I've reviewed your account and unfortunately the vinyls have not been shipped. Don't worry we'll be sending a confirmation email as soon as they are in the mail.

We've already sent some vinyls out however we are still shipping out orders and we expect to fulfill more by early February.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope you have a great day."

I responded to that email asking them to explain why it was taking so long when they initially announced it was going to be shipped in December and the response I got back was this (from a different person)

"Thanks for contacting U2.com. I am pleased to be assisting you. 

So sorry to hear you have not received your gift and your friends have already received theirs!

An update was  added in October 2017, to the News area on the fan club site regarding the delivery of The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017. 

"Dispatch of The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017 will start in December 2017. A shipping confirmation email will be sent to qualifying subscribers as soon as this special gift hits the mail."

Shipment will begin and orders will be shipped in the same order in which they were received. 

Our apologies for the delay and hope this email finds you well and enjoying the day, 

If you need anything else, just reply to this email!"

Does anyone at the U2 shop support actually read the messages that are sent to them or put effort into helping us? :rolleyes:

Edited by Tflyer90

• Subscriber

Still waiting for my gift of U2 vinyl order redeemed in October.   I'm seeing the posts here about February 2018.  Maybe that's why they aren't answering my inquiry in January why it wasn't shipped out in December as they told me back in November.  This is getting a bit crazy.  Never thought something I effectively ordered in May would not be available for Christmas.

• Subscriber

Hi all - this is what I've been told today :-

Hello,

Thanks for the email. I'm delighted to help. I apologise for the inconvenience and trouble.

Sadly, the item from the order xxxxx is currently on back order and we'll ship the item as soon as it becomes available for delivery.

If you need anything else, please contact us for assistance. I hope you have a blessed day.

Sincerely,

U2.com Team