Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

febottini

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Hi - today's reponse, which can't be right either as clearly some people around the world have received their records :-

Hi ,

Thanks for your e-mail. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have or resolve any issues that may have occurred.

First and foremost, we sincerely apologize for any frustration this issue has caused and to hear you have not received your gift! As of now, the Vinyls have not been sent out yet, but it is on the process of being shipped. We have not received any details to an exact date to when they will start shipping. Not to worry, a shipping confirmation email will be sent to qualifying subscribers as soon as this special gift hits the mail. Please be advised it can take from 4-6 weeks for domestic orders to be processed, printed and shipped. International orders can take 6-8 weeks depending on the shipping time. If you do not receive your items after that time frame, then please reply back and let us know.

Again, we're are deeply sorry  for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any additional questions you can get answers to common questions by visiting the FAQs at www.u2.com/help.  If the FAQs do not answer your question please reply to this email and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

U2.com Support

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, clarky46 said:

The best one yet

ive a. Work mate who took great pleasure in telling me he got his gift last Thursday but the funny thing is I've been a payed up member for 3 years more than him.

can someone please tell me how that works.

Some you win, Some you lose Clarky :P

• Subscriber

Today's response, which seems to be more likely :-

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us, and we would be more than happy to assist you with your issue.  First and foremost, we apologise for any frustration this issue has caused you. Rest assured, that we are definitely here to help. In regards to your issue pertaining to your question, we can confirm that the 2017 gift is expected to go out in December leading into Jan. Currently we are more waiting for more stock and inventory to come in so we can start shipping these orders out in the order they were received.

We do apologise for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

If you need anything else, we’re always here for you - just reply to this email. It was truly a pleasure to have been the representative to have looked into this for you. Take care, and we hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,

U2.com Team

• Subscriber

Well I'm sorry that is not the truth I know for a fact I ordered the gift before chrirossi  so to say we are dispatching in the order they were booked isn't the truth.

but the big question which maybe some one can answer is

HOW CAN YOU RUN OUT OF GIFTS WHEN YOU MUST KNOW THE NUMBERS THAT HAVE PAYED TO BE PART OF THIS SHAMBLES?

Edited by clarky46

• Subscriber

Wow. I... Wow. :huh: I don't even know what to say. <_<

Here I was thinking that I hadn't received my subscriber gift cause I live in Australia when in fact there's just morons organising the subscriber gifts. 

I guess I'll come and see what's happening in here in about 6 weeks time, before I resubscribe. 

• Subscriber

well, just got a reply for that... 

"The length of your U2 Fan Club subscription is not related to the time it takes for you to receive the gift, so your membership will expire as planned if it is not renewed, but you will still receive your gift in the near future. At this time, the 2018 membership gift has not yet been disclosed, so we do not have that information for you yet. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Have a great day."

I will resubscribe "in the near future" as well. Hopefully this issue can lead to improvements to future subscribers... unless it is done purposedly (a new subscription costs $10 more than a renewal...).