Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

febottini

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Told you there more interested in selling tickets for the European gigs than getting this shambles sorted.

and once again there are no Scottish dates.

must have been a lie the amount of times bono told the Glasgow crowd they were the 2nd best fans in the world.

cant be that good as for the 2nd tour in a year no Scottish dates.

• Subscriber

A wild guess: vinyl pressing shops are highly overbooked. Maybe not far from the truth, recently read an article about it, demand on vinyl reached a new peak and every artist wants a vinyl release atm... maybe something went wrong in the schedule or workflow for the gifts :ph34r:

Edited by chulia83

• Subscriber

So you're saying that the pressing plant set  up there machines and only made about 25% of the required amount.

then changed all the machines for another artist.

if this is the case then someone should get the sack,how hard must it be to count how many fee paying members they are.

and if you read this thread then there are 5 different reason emailed to 5 different people a pathetic excuse.

its been a shocking shambles from the start one if not the biggest bands in the world can't get there own house in order then there is something far wrong especially with the amount of money involved 

• Subscriber

At this point I am just starting to wonder when I should ask for a refund on my non-received item. I paid for something back in January of 2017, it is now January 2018 and I am still waiting for the singles. If I ordered these from any store that was the same caliber that U2 is as a band I would have a FULL refund at this point (not to mention my item already). There really is no excuse to deliver the singles to some of the people who ordered them all over the world and not others. Systematically it makes no sense for them to say they had a limited number which they ran out of and the length you've been a subscriber had nothing to do with who they sent them to. What did they do randomly pick names out of a hat when they realized they were short stocked? It's ridiculous! I had the same issues when I ordered the JT30 set and they told me it was delayed because they ran out of the stock and had to order more! How can you continue to make the same errors over and over?!?!!!

• Subscriber

The whole episode is a joke how can fans be treated this way? Being a long time subscriber I think its a disgrace that a large number of us still haven't received this gift from last year. Are the BAND actually aware of this debacle? With the money we pay for our subscription, and the now what are becoming ridiculously expensive ticket prices we deserve to be given better treatment. How can people be expected to pay over £200 for tickets at the O2, that's not including travel and accommodation not everyone lives in London. I'm now wondering will we ever receive 2018 gift when we are finally made aware of what it will be. Come on U2 get this sorted and remember if it wasn't for us loyal fans where would you be?

• Subscriber
On 1/8/2018 at 7:23 PM, clarky46 said:

How can it be on back order,are they saying they haven't a clue how many people pay in to this shambles.

it looks like it is one lie after another

the last 4 people to contact customer service have had 4 different answers.

I advise everybody to please flood the Advertising Standards Authority with complaints, U2.com as a business are filed in Ireland. This takes only a minute or two to complete and will grab their attention:

http://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/

• Subscriber

I sent them an email asking if there was anything they could do to make up for the fact that I ordered the item in January of 2017 (with the promise of it being shipped in December) and it's now January of 2018. Because let's face it no actual big name storefront would get away with doing something like this, even online stores like eBay have measures against something like this!

Edited by Tflyer90