Dispatch Update - 2017 Subscriber Gift (Was '2017 Subscription Gift Announced')

febottini

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I’ve just emailed, clearly there is a random nature to order fulfilment, I kid you not someone who purchased a 2018 subscription in jan received their gift today!! Absolute disgrace and a totally dishonest company , 5th may still waiting, I’m expecting there is a system glitch and we’ll get these records sometime around December...dare they send me an email saying they will go out in feb, has anyone actually spoken to a real person on this 

• Subscriber

I got mine today, March 1, 2018.   I live in Milwaukee, WI  USA.  That's about 90 minutes due North of Chicago for anyone who is not familiar.  My account said they were shipped on Feb 23.  I'm in the minority in not caring about these singles being late.  For me, it is not a big deal.  We've gotten two new studio albums and three different tours in as many years.  I'd much rather have all that, than anything from being a subscriber to U2.com.  With sincere respect to those who are frustrated; I think it's rather incredible they got this all up and running; these singles reproduced and delivered as quickly as they did.  The logistics of the tours and U2.com and such must be staggering.  2015-SOI/tour.  2017-TJT tour.  2018-SOE/tour.  I try, but I can't even imagine the complexities of accomplishing all of it.  Add to that what may be my favorite album(s) since Achtung Baby/Zooropa?  Yow.   I would be happy had these come next year or the year after that one or not at all.  That is just me.  They came today.  It seems like this band has, many times, been damned if they do and darned if they do something else.  They always come through in the end and deliver.  

That being said-I'm sorry so many people are frustrated.  I hope they arrive quickly.  I hope you are happy with them when they do.

Edited by Manohlive

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I got mine today, March 1, 2018.   I live in Milwaukee, WI  USA.  That's about 90 minutes due North of Chicago for anyone who is not familiar.  My account said they were shipped on Feb 23.  I'm in the minority in not caring about these singles being late.  For me, it is not a big deal.  We've gotten two new studio albums and three different tours in as many years.  I'd much rather have all that, than anything from being a subscriber to U2.com.  With sincere respect to those who are frustrated; I think it's rather incredible they got this all up and running; these singles reproduced and delivered as quickly as they did.  The logistics of the tours and U2.com and such must be staggering.  2015-SOI/tour.  2017-TJT tour.  2018-SOE/tour.  I try, but I can't even imagine the complexities of accomplishing all of it.  Add to that what may be my favorite album(s) since Achtung Baby/Zooropa?  Yow.   I would be happy had these come next year or the year after that one or not at all.  That is just me.  They came today.  It seems like this band has, many times, been damned if they do and darned if they do something else.  They always come through in the end and deliver.  

That being said-I'm sorry so many people are frustrated.  I hope they arrive quickly.  I hope you are happy with them when they do.

Where on your account did you see that it shipped on a certain day?  I think it's great you got yours but, honestly it's totally unacceptable that I paid and ordered this in December 2016 and still have nothing.  This is bordering on deceptive practices.

• Subscriber
Just now, PAG-IN said:

Where on your account did you see that it shipped on a certain day?  I think it's great you got yours but, honestly it's totally unacceptable that I paid and ordered this in December 2016 and still have nothing.  This is bordering on deceptive practices.

I went into the U2 shop.  I looked at my orders.  One was for my initial membership and vinyl subscription gift combo. Another was for the actual vinyl order.  The latter is where I found a tracking number. I don't think they are enacting deceptive practices.  I think unanticipated demand exceeded supply and now they are back up and running.  I get angry for the same reasons in my own way.  I think you've every right to feel as you do.  I'm glad you can vent.  I hope you get them soon.  For what it's worth, I think they are very well done.  I really like them and I was not that excited about this gift.  They came in a USPS cardboard package and they nicely fit back into it for protection if being stored.  I'm gonna tape it up and it'll be as they arrived.  It works well.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, mickoafc said:

Ordered May 4th 2017. Live in the UK and still not received it and had the email yesterday telling me not to worry as they would be starting shipping again in Feb!!! Its a shambles

I have yet to get any correspondence from them, period!

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I went into the U2 shop.  I looked at my orders.  One was for my initial membership and vinyl subscription gift combo. Another was for the actual vinyl order.  The latter is where I found a tracking number. I don't think they are enacting deceptive practices.  I think unanticipated demand exceeded supply and now they are back up and running.  I get angry for the same reasons in my own way.  I think you've every right to feel as you do.  I'm glad you can vent.  I hope you get them soon.  For what it's worth, I think they are very well done.  I really like them and I was not that excited about this gift.  They came in a USPS cardboard package and they nicely fit back into it for protection if being stored.  I'm gonna tape it up and it'll be as they arrived.  It works well.

Wow holy crap!  I never would have EVER figured that out.  No idea there'd be info for an order there.  Thanks!  Looks like it shipped 2/8/18. Would have been nice to have a email stating where you could find that info, but glad it finally shipped.  Communication has been nonexistent in my experience.  Thanks again for the tip!

• Subscriber

There is no need to thank me.  You are welcome.  The mods did post stuff about what to do and where to look for shipping info.  It's easy to miss that stuff or forget it.  I'm glad they are on the way.  They are very nice.