U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber
Just now, ChicagoMark said:

I'd be interested in what others think, but I believe $325 a ticket for what would be considered an OK seat in the lower bowl is $150 to $200 too high.  For me and my GF to go we would be in for over $700 with the fees.   That isn't chump change.  

Yeah, I went with obstructed view (down at the end of the second stage) for $76. Row 6, San Jose. $190 after fees. No way the wife would have been cool with $700. I joined just to be on the floor after I was in the upper corner for the last arena tour.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, ChicagoMark said:

I'd be interested in what others think, but I believe $325 a ticket for what would be considered an OK seat in the lower bowl is $150 to $200 too high.  For me and my GF to go we would be in for over $700 with the fees.   That isn't chump change.  

agreed

pricing seems a bit ridiculous but people will pay still obviously. I needed three tickets, so the presale didnt even work for me. $331 for the highest sections though is ridiculous regardless

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, malaboo said:

Not necessarily newer...but maybe old members who let their subscription lapse for a bit at some point and have been thrown into the Innocence group because life got in the way.

That is the case for me. Mom passed away after hospital stay right near renewal. A couple weeks late on renewal and first time ever that I had to miss out on the first day of presale. Tickets were so much easier to come by and considerably less expensive when I first started my U2 journey!

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, dcame15 said:

I had Innocence and there were no GAs for LA right at 10:00:01...   Fair question about what is going on here -- pay the fan club fee for access, and then get de facto same access as public -- what is the purpose?   

"Don't believe in riches, but you should see where I live. "

You need to keep trying when that happens. Other people might get them in their cart but then there are problems and they end up being available again. I’ve gotten GA even more than 30 minutes after the on sale time when at first it said there were none available. Try it in the public on sale. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, ChicagoMark said:

100% agree but it's been this way for many years with U2.  They are not alone of course as many other artists do the same or worse but they have priced out many of their fans as a result.  That's also why for many of us GA is the only option from an economical standpoint. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, GROUPEDEMAVIE said:

For Montreal, Innocence Group, I went directly on Evenko: http://www.evenko.ca/u2-2018/u2-fanclub-fr.html and I got 2 GA. Very simple, if you got a code. One of my friend is also Innocence Group, even if paid member for a long time.

Unfortunately not so simple if there are none to begin with. Guess they just released more GAs for Montreal...either that or the demand for GA in Montreal was not that great. Either way, those of us who did not get GA for our preferred show(s) will have the general sale on Monday and another chance.

• Subscriber

I want to know why there was such a huge increase in the number of VIP seats this time around.

In 2015, my sister and I were in Section 317, Row 1, Seats 1 & 2 at the United Center.  Those seats were $90 each.  Today, those EXACT seats (and 6 or 7 rows behind them) are now Silver VIP seats that cost $295 each.

• bigwave unfeatured this topic