Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

I was fortunate enough to get tickets on Tuesday, however I do have something weird to report.....

On my first attempt I had two tickets sitting right there in my cart but when I hit "confirm" I got a message that another fan had beat me to the tickets and to try again. How can those tickets be snatched when I was checking out with them?

This has never happened to me in all my concert going days.

Same here. That happened to me several times and was absolutely frustrating. This TM interface really stinks.

25 minutes ago, jeepster65 said:

Im from the UK, Maybe I'm wrong but I aint even bloody heard of Citi card, how can they get tix versus verified fans, worst decision ever

is it only Americans who can get this card??????????????

In revenge, in Europe let's hope Barclays sponsors the tour with a pre-sale that knocks the Americans out!

Just now, Turkued said:

In revenge, in Europe let's hope Barclays sponsors the tour with a pre-sale that knocks the Americans out!

Fuck any bank sponsoring it mate, how much money do they need!!!!!

52 minutes ago, gypsyangel said:

100% Agree. Plus, $40 for a membership for the opportunity to get 2 tickets, but then when you don't get them ... why did I pay $40? I got 2 GAs from the Citi presale, but not the Verified U2 $40 presale. wtf. 

What show did you get GA for during Citi?

18 minutes ago, Hoachy said:

It is 12 years since we all received this from Larry, I am not sure that things sound that much better for a lot of people in this presale. From some posts it sounds as if the U2.com membership has been useless in securing tickets for them and has failed to address the problems Larry highlighted below in 2005. I know U2 care about their fans but when you eventually create something so complex, corporate and complicated to "protect" fans from scalpers then it may be time to go back and think up the ticketing process all over again.

"This is not something that I would normally do, but I feel that I have to do something to redress this situation. There was a mess up in the way the tickets were distributed through U2.com for the Vertigo pre-sale. Some of it was beyond our control, but some of it wasn’t. I am now in the process of figuring out a way of distributing the tickets for our intended return to North America in the fall. The only fair way of doing this, is to give U2 Propaganda members, who are now U2.com members, priority in the queue. After that, people will be given priority in the order in which they joined. Many people who joined U2.com and didn’t get tickets are understandably angry. They now have the option to get a full refund of their subscription fee. The idea that our long-time U2 fans and scalpers competed for U2 tickets through our own website is appalling to me. I want to apologise to you who have suffered that. If your U2.com pre-sale experience has left you disappointed, I hope this will go some way towards reassuring you of our total commitment to our audience. Slainte Larry. 

By the way, a note to those so-called U2 fans who are quick to accuse U2 of unseemly behaviour, I’ve only got two words for you…"

I bet the band does not know of the problems that everyone is having.... The press needs  to get on this.

1 minute ago, jeepster65 said:

Fuck any bank sponsoring it mate, how much money do they need!!!!!

Apparently a lot more than they have now. I was just trying to point out the obvious: One? In ticket distribution they are pitting region against region, class against class...

Instead of bashing Stubhub, folks may want to glance at that paragon of anti-scalping, Ticketmaster, at their TicketsNow site ( http://www.ticketsnow.com/resaleorder/u2-tickets/event/892?EID=892 ). They are able to verify the legitimacy of the resales because they sold the friggen tickets in the first place! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 504jumper said:

I didn't think to DM Canadian customer support, but it's good to know. What's their email address?

This is their twitter account: @TicketmasterCA

(No idea about email.)

1 minute ago, sbeck said:

What show did you get GA for during Citi?

I got a single GA for Nassau Coliseum during the Citi presale.

I had gotten 2 GAs for that show in the eXperience presale (for hubby & me) and wanted a third so our daughter could come with us. It would have been great if I'd only had to go through the process once, as a Fan Club member. In the end, I got what I wanted, but I know how lucky I was. This was a mess and I know that a lot of people were not as lucky as I was. 

yeah got 2 Chi and 2 STL cheap 41's in the CIti, NOT behind the stage.  Never tried to GA, didn't think they would even be possible to get in the Citi.  thanks for update.  Awesome to know there were GA out there for Citi.  Shocked but nice to know.