Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

To begin: those who are still trying to get tickets, the very best of luck!

For those who were fortunate enough not to experience snafus during this whole ordeal, two bits of news to pass on.

I got two different messages from Ticketmaster today - one to redeem the offer to receive a copy of the new SoE CD, and a second to say that my ticket for one of the shows was already printed and is being mailed imminently.

So, if you ordered without difficulty, check your email - if you were curious, the arena that told me about my ticket status was for the Newark show on June 29th.

18 hours ago, 504jumper said:

Much appreciated. I'm really the only die-hard in my group, so am usually the one who has to press my group to make it an all-day affair. They're awesome and usually come through, so I show my gratuity by buying food/drinks. This time around, it'll just be me and the lady so she'll be cool.

I did both nights in '15, but we had Reserved Seats. Was right outside the ellipse (i.e. Bomb Shelter) at the 4:00 position and Bono set up his drum right in front of us during Vertigo '05. Watching him bang on it like a jungle savage during (Love & Peace, I think) was an awesome thing. Got lucky and did get Larry and Adam to sign my ticket during Elevation '01 before the show. All these shows were at the Shark Tank (it's changed names so many time).

Anyway, keepin' the faith, bro. Keepin' the faith.

I like it.  :-)

23 hours ago, malaboo said:

There's still the opportunity in the general onsale on Monday to fill your bucket.

Not really acceptable though is it after  almost 40 years and thousands of pounds 

On 15/11/2017 at 8:38 PM, bigwave said:

all we can do today is ask people to keep going back to the Help page team, sorry we cannot do more at the moment

Thanks buddy 

1 hour ago, dmway said:

To begin: those who are still trying to get tickets, the very best of luck!

For those who were fortunate enough not to experience snafus during this whole ordeal, two bits of news to pass on.

I got two different messages from Ticketmaster today - one to redeem the offer to receive a copy of the new SoE CD, and a second to say that my ticket for one of the shows was already printed and is being mailed imminently.

So, if you ordered without difficulty, check your email - if you were curious, the arena that told me about my ticket status was for the Newark show on June 29th.

Yeah, my heart almost stopped when I saw this e-mail subject line from Ticketmaster:

IMPORTANT: Your U2 Ticket Order

Thought for sure it was going to say “sorry, but you didn’t really get tickets” ?. 

35 minutes ago, james busick said:

Yeah, my heart almost stopped when I saw this e-mail subject line from Ticketmaster:

IMPORTANT: Your U2 Ticket Order

Thought for sure it was going to say “sorry, but you didn’t really get tickets” ?. 

I have to admit, the exact same thought occurred to me as well when I saw it! :D

Again, good luck to those still trying to get tickets...

I haven't had the chance until now to sit down and recall my experience this week.  I'm pretty sure i have GA tickets for Tulsa.

I re-uped my membership with the tour announcement and the opening show being less than a mile from my apartment.  I was in the Innocence group for the resale.  I got the E-mail the night before explaining how I should be getting a text message the next morning,  

I got the text with my code at 10:20am (CST).  That was a relief after reading that some people never got their codes.  

Innocence pesale started at Noon (CST) and I was dialed and a ready.  Like most, my code wasn't working or available for Innocence.  This went on for a few minutes that felt like a few hours.  When it finally accepted the Innocence code, no GA was available, one Red Zone, a few lower bowl sections and a few upper bowl sections.  I kept trying over and over and the sections would change but never GA.  

Figured I'd try the TM app on my iPhone and see if that would be different.  Pulled up the Tulsa date, asked for two GAs, put in the code.  Two GA tickets pop up for purchase!  I went through the whole purchase process and took a screen shot with the order number and the two tickets purchased.  I'm glad I took that screenshot because i never got a confirmation E-mail from Ticketmaster regarding my purchase like I always do immediately after a TM purchase.  This made me nervous.  The ticket purchase wasn;'t showing up on my TM app either.  The Avett Bros. tickets I had purchased a couple of weeks ago were there, but not the U2 tickets.  This made me quite nervous.  I also tried getting tickets again with my code but the code wasn't active.  This gave me hope.  My bank app also show the purchase pending.  This gave me hope.

Later in the day, I call TM customer service to make sure they got the order okay.  It took a whole to get through, I know it was a tough couple of days for those people answering the TM calls.  After I gave them the order number, they said the order was there, and it was all good on their end.  This was awesome to hear!

Last night, I got the E-mail about getting the new CD with my ticket purchase.  I still never got a confirmation E-mail from TM and the U2 tickets still don't show up on my account.  Filled everything out for the CD delivery.

Today, was hoping the tickets would be in the mail.  I had seen someone had already received their Tulsa tickets Thursday after the Tuesday Experience resale.  I usually get TM purchases 2-3 days so I was hoping they'd be there today.  Nothing today.  Fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow.  

20 hours ago, hollywoodswag said:

To me, one of the best solutions would be to cancel any tickets that show up on Stubhub at inflated prices or whatever without any refund. Seems like a pretty easy solution to me.

That and offer each U2.com subscriber 2 tickets (of their choice) per tour (maximum of two shows) and imprint them with the subscriber's name and that of their guest (subscriber needs to be present to use both tickets). Make them non-transferable, non-refundable, and require photo identification at the gate. If the name on the ticket doesn't match what's on the government-issued ID, then you don't get in. If you are unable to go to the show, then you lose your money. (I, as a subscriber, and fan for almost as long as the band has been a band, am willing to take that risk for guaranteed good seats or GA's). If subscribers want to attend more than two shows then, in this scenario, they would need to take their chances in the general sale, buy on the secondary market, or find a friend/friends who have a subscription and want to attend the same shows. This would limit multiple subs too because the supposed subscriber would have to be present and show identification to use the tix (it's fine to sign Uncle George up to have a membership so you can get more tix, but will Uncle George travel with you from Dallas to NY to stand in line with you to see a U2 show? Maybe if you give him a nice Christmas gift... but probably not). 

Also need to have no participation in pre-sale for recent subscribers (ones who have joined since the tour announcement) and graduated participation based on amount of time you've been a "non-lapsed" member. 

The Verified Fan thing is a crock only designed to benefit TM.

LN/TM/AXS should also cancel tickets which are for sale before the general sale and those tickets should go back into the pot but that will never happen and StubHub won't take down tix for sale on their site..

I'd also almost rather take my chances and compete with the bots and scalpers in the general sale without Verified Fan (the old way) than "maybe" get a code (to compete with those same bots and scalpers) in the Verified Fan thing.

Just my 2 cents.

Life happens and you might have not the chance of going and losing money makes things even worse 

Edited by monica martino

In that case, sell your tickets at face value. I actually took a loss of a few dollars on a Magic game (although I sold mine on Ticketmaster directly). Those tickets were gone in seconds.

I don’t have a problem with reselling your tickets, but if life happens and you try to make a profit off of it, my sympathy disappears. Sell them at face value.

• Upvote 1