Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

5 hours ago, utwothefly said:

I was subbed until Dec 2018 but I had to resub for the fan verification to be completed, which it is now.  

But I can't see on my accounts page how long I'm subbed for, should be to Dec 2019 now. Doesn't seem right to be subbed that long. 

yeah I show

SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVE UNTIL
09 January 2019

I just reupped before tour announcement and now I feel stressed about it.  I can't be until Jan '19.  Just tell me experienced group and I will await code.

2 minutes ago, utwothefly said:

I'm subbed now until 2020 ?the band will split before my sub runs out! 

What happens then giftwise with that?

1 minute ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Presently I don't think we are eligible for the new presale. I reupped on the 29th knowing the tour was coming. But when I try and complete the fan verification it is telling me I need to buy a 2018 subscription. Email customer support and hopefully can get a resolution.  

My account does say I am linked and says SETUP COMPLETE.  Is that mean I am good?

U2.com Verified Subscriber Presale

tm_verified_banner.png
We're committed to identifying and removing scalpers and bots to ensure more tickets go into the hands of U2.com Verified Subscribers. In order to be eligible for Subscriber presale ticket access, please click each link and complete the below steps.
Setup Complete

So I have a green setup complete, but I think I had to pick some records.  It's nuts this is even a question.

3 minutes ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Presently I don't think we are eligible for the new presale. I reupped on the 29th knowing the tour was coming. But when I try and complete the fan verification it is telling me I need to buy a 2018 subscription. Email customer support and hopefully can get a resolution.  

Kevin, what are you doing to "complete fan verification".  Is it to get that green font for "SETUP COMPLETE"?

Just now, sbeck said:

Kevin, what are you doing to "complete fan verification".  Is it to get that green font for "SETUP COMPLETE"?

Yes the part where you link your u2 account to your ticketmaster account and phone number. I can't complete mine, as apparently I don't have the 2018 subscription. I extended my subscription on Sunday when it was still 2017 subscriptions being sold. 

Hi.

My Verified Fan setup went OK, but I'm trying to pre-order the new CD on the U2.com shop. All of the different items show up fine, but there are no buttons to actually add the CD to my cart. This makes it very difficult to pre-order...

Is this being worked on? Please help...

Thank you!

17 minutes ago, bgans said:

@kwaite - Thank you. I've been burned with Verified Fan twice before - Springsteen on Broadway & the Harry Potter Play - "standby" (i.e. - real buyer, not a bot) but no actual code either time.

I think if you miss the presales and do general sale via Verified Fan then there is still a very good chance to get burned :(   
And of course, the Verified Subscriber does not guarantee you'll get tickets either, but should at least get a chance to get tickets.  

4 minutes ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Yes the part where you link your u2 account to your ticketmaster account and phone number. I can't complete mine, as apparently I don't have the 2018 subscription. I extended my subscription on Sunday when it was still 2017 subscriptions being sold. 

I bought mine on Monday thr 30th and I can get to complete WITHOUT selecting a 2018 gift.  Mods is that sound right?

EDIt  The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017  That is my listed selected gift.  is that "2018" too?

Edited by sbeck

Just now, sbeck said:

I bought mine on Monday thr 30th and I can get to complete WITHOUT selecting a 2018 gift.  Mods is that sound right?

Yep same thing with me. Emailed customer support and hopefully they can sort something out, without having to pay $40 again.

1 minute ago, Kevinslatteryu2 said:

Yep same thing with me. Emailed customer support and hopefully they can sort something out, without having to pay $40 again.

yeah no freaking way paying $40 again of course.  Here I thought I was being smart.  Where is the line for Experienced and Innocent groups?

Anyone have their #, I can call directly?

Edited by sbeck