Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

Just to reply, I upped in Sept and had to do it again yesterday to get "verified"

I have seen where the mods (who do a fantastic job) tell us to contact customer service...

I did send an email to customer service (never answered and same as previous times in the past where have sent emails To them  that were never answered)  and made two calls where I literally wanted to throw my phone against the wall. I was told by TWO  different customer support reps that " no renewal, no presale code"  there was absolutely nothing I could say to get past this roadblock. 

I "re-upped" the 40$ does piss me off?  YES ! but not as much as the stress of fighting and not being able to get tickets. 

Is it wrong to do this to fans? Absolutely. 

I have a feeling this presale will surpass the queuing debates by a long shot. ☹️

This new convoluted Ticketmaster/u2.com "Verified" system is about as beneficial and thoughtful as the new Tax reform the Republicans are trying to jam thru this afternoon.  Its all bout money folks, nothing more.  There's no way anyone can convince me this is actually preventing scalping on any level. This is just another ploy for Ticketmaster to encapsulate an entire fan base and monopolize the globe..Fans have NO choice on anything.  I'm betting this will have more than a few fans throwing in the towel, and just taking a shot at the regular onsale..If successful, great, otherwise who needs the aggravation anymore..its plain lunacy.  I of course remain undecided at this point.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kipk999 said:

Just to reply, I upped in Sept and had to do it again yesterday to get "verified"

I have seen where the mods (who do a fantastic job) tell us to contact customer service...

I did send an email to customer service (never answered and same as previous times in the past where have sent emails To them  that were never answered)  and made two calls where I literally wanted to throw my phone against the wall. I was told by TWO  different customer support reps that " no renewal, no presale code"  there was absolutely nothing I could say to get past this roadblock. 

I "re-upped" the 40$ does piss me off?  YES ! but not as much as the stress of fighting and not being able to get tickets. 

I have a feeling this presale will surpass the queuing debates by a long shot. ☹️

I would fight the CC charge.  You didn't get what you signed up for so why throw $40 away.  The Cx service being crappy is another thing.  The mods will have to step in at some point to try and help.  EDIT: The logic is flawed.  You tell them duh I did renew.  I mean that doesn't work and makes no sense.  Hi thanks for renewing, oh wait, erenew again.  no way obviously.

Edited by sbeck

In the past these situations have been sorted out when common sense has prevailed, hopefully by the time Europe dates are released every thing will become clearer and common sense will prevail ! I do feel for the U S fans though who are not getting the answers, those who have renewed recently surely don’t have too again. Time will tell and I hope those it effects will get a refund soon. 

1 hour ago, sbeck said:

Great post.  I reupped on Oct 29th.  So they take my $40 and what I get nothing?  I know I won't and will cancel via the CC.  you should have NEVER given them another $40.  Period.

I will do what Bigwave said, all, AGAIN, and say manually set some value to a 2018 sub gift and call it a day.  I mean technically it isn't hard.  This is like Capt America - Winder SOldier.  The "good guys" have an algo "robot" to kill the "bad guys".  Who is to say the scalpers, who they know, get all the stuff.  I can see how the fans can be ID's and then discriminated against.  not saying that is happening, but like someone else posted on page 4, they have a monopoly and are flaunting it.

not a perfect system by any means.. we work with what we are given. Never follow my advice. thats my advice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sbeck said:

Can you give us a script or something we should say to get right to the point if we have to call ourselves?  Can you give your names, would they know the mods or Bigwave?

just explain you recently resumed, but now want to be sure you qualify for all the benefits announced yesterday, until we can get some more info on a cut off date or something like that (which is what I have asked for), then each person will have to go through Help page CS for individual help... sorry can;t do more at this point from our end..

26 minutes ago, kipk999 said:

sorry you had a bad experience if you can PM me more details I can try to follow up what went wrong. 

Anyone who call CS should keep an account of times, who they spoke to, and ask for supervisor ion getting no where. 

If no joy then send us (mods) a note to explain so we can try to help to improve the process..

22 minutes ago, smsully said:

This new convoluted Ticketmaster/u2.com "Verified" system is about as beneficial and thoughtful as the new Tax reform the Republicans are trying to jam thru this afternoon.  Its all bout money folks, nothing more.  There's no way anyone can convince me this is actually preventing scalping on any level. This is just another ploy for Ticketmaster to encapsulate an entire fan base and monopolize the globe..Fans have NO choice on anything.  I'm betting this will have more than a few fans throwing in the towel, and just taking a shot at the regular onsale..If successful, great, otherwise who needs the aggravation anymore..its plain lunacy.  I of course remain undecided at this point.

check out paragraph 1 from http://www.u2.com/help

Thats a strong statement and I believe to be true, and for me, the over-riding factor.. Others may have a different opinion, thats for sure. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 16.06.33.png

this is a big fraud...this is a different tour, why we have to renew the membership? mine expires en january 2018....so

disappointed... its sounds that the band only go for the money of the true fans

2 hours ago, james busick said:

No.  Verified Fan is free and is a lottery for the 11/20 onsale date.  No guarantee of getting a code for ticket sales.  Verified Subscriber is for U2.com paid members, and a 2018 membership purchase includes a presale code for the presale on 11/14.

Thanks, however I'm still confused. I've bean a subscriber since the year dot. I have never let it lapse. this is what is showing

What is my status??

U2.jpg

Edited by Ronan20
wrong file