U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Subscriber

I believe they have me sorted (I hope).

I had done everything needed (including tying to facebook) with the exception of re-upping for 2018 since I still had a valid subscription from 2017 that I had received nothing from.

When I log in to my account now, this is what I see:

Complete.JPG.aaef0d1708ca166d89409de5f0f3082b.JPG

Now if they can just figure out a better way to make sure fans who are not able to make an event 8 months in the future like they planned, that they are not going to be forced to eat tickets.  If they want to buy them back or allow a resell through ticketmaster if needed, that's completely fine but don't try and grab more money when people are already paying fees that are much higher than they really should be and additional money to be in the fan club.... most artists don't charge to be in the fan club and the ones who do, don't tie your hands and charge additional insurance.  Even only allow 1 or 2 mishaps every few years and charge insurance after that I'm good with but when you are trying to plan 8 months out, sometimes even then your work won't allow you to go.

Edited by Jorstin
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, electricco said:

Ok You could complete set up cause you've got a North America TicketMaster account

That's right. But I did my North America TicketMaster acoount today. Just to see how this procedure goes and if I will be able to complete the process. I succeed.

I am also from Europe and I will not be part of any presale regarding North America. I, also like you, will wait for European leg of this tour.

Interesting is that yesterday U2.com wanted from me 3 things to complete the proces:

1. To agree receiving SMS on my phone

2. To renew my U2 subscription

3. To sign in my  North America TicketMaster acoount

Today "2. To renew my U2 subscription" was not there. Just 1. and 3. Why? Probably because I didn't use my 2017 presale code and there is no need for me to renew my account. They simply will send me new code via SMS on the day when new presale start. So, why "2. To renew my U2 subscription" was there for me yesterday? I don't know. Maybe it was mistake.

• Subscriber

One more thing. I think, that for European leg things will be different from North America, because a lot of European countries don't have Ticketmaster. They have Eventim, Ticketpro, Ticketportal, etc.

Edited by perymason
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Jorstin said:

Should we have presales codes in our account now though????

No- they will be sent you via SMS which is why you have to give your mobile number.   (my understanding) 

• Subscriber

Because there was some discussion earlier in this thread about registering both .ca and .com accounts, I think this might be of interest to many here so I am pasting a response from U2.com support (along with the question I sent them). I've made a couple of formatting changes to the messages simply for emphasis:

Hello Fan,

Thank you for contacting U2 Fan Club Support.

We want to apologize for the delay in a response, we received above average volume of emails. Rest assured, we are working through all requests in the order they were received.

I am so sorry for the confusion of the registration process, and I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Yes you will have access to all of the North American shows regardless if they are in the USA or Canada.

If you need anything else, just reply to this email. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Roberto

U2.com Team

On 11/1/2017 11:28 PM, PETERDIAZ wrote:

Help Topic: Subscriber Issues

Comment:
Hello. Just to be clear, "Connect your (U.S. + Canada) Ticketmaster account" means that if I connect my .ca TM account I am fine for this Verified Account status for any North American show for which I choose to use my presale code, not just the Canadian show. Right? Thanks. Peter

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

the CITI presale is bound by their own rules and outside U2.com, I'm afraid...

Here's an important thing to keep in mind with the CITI presale.  My plan is to go for 2 tickets to the Atlanta show through my U2.com account.  If a 2nd show is added (likely) I'll likely take a stab at that through the CITI presale...BUT...those codes aren't just city specific...but rather CONCERT specific...so the 2nd part of my plan will only work should additional dates be announced prior to the 16th.  Otherwise...we'll have to see what (if anything) CITI does for presales for dates added later.

(I presume people are looking at the same thing as me for other cities as well)

This is another interesting change from 2015 where multiple dates were announced for all venues at the same time...

• Subscriber

My account has gone back and forth between telling me I'm verified and that my set up isn't complete.  Currently it says it's complete, but yesterday it said it wasn't and that I needed to renew.  I renewed my subscription AFTER the JT presale (like a week after, but still) so based on what I've been seeing I should be good, right?

• Community Moderator
27 minutes ago, BassKid12 said:

My account has gone back and forth between telling me I'm verified and that my set up isn't complete.  Currently it says it's complete, but yesterday it said it wasn't and that I needed to renew.  I renewed my subscription AFTER the JT presale (like a week after, but still) so based on what I've been seeing I should be good, right?

That's something that is being ironed out - it's our understanding that this should be corrected by the weekend. Please keep checking the board and your account in the upcoming days...

• Subscriber

Two questions -- sorry if they have been asked/asnwered already, it's a long thread!

I just connected my Tickemaster account and got the green SETUP COMPLETE message on my profile page. Now, I DID buy tickets to the JT tour, but that was in January 2017, and I THINK it was with my 2016 code (I'd resubscribed on July 2016). I then RENEWED my subscription in June of this year (2017) and my account page says my subscription is good through July 2018. Does this mean I'm OK to get codes for EI tour, or do I have to re-renew (even though I did it 4 months ago)?

Also, if we're getting a copy of the album with every purchased ticket, is there a point to pre-ordering it? Do we know if that copy will be a physical CD? And will it be the regualr or Deluxe edition? 

Thanks!!

• bigwave unfeatured this topic