U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Community Moderator
8 minutes ago, mofomario said:

Two questions -- sorry if they have been asked/asnwered already, it's a long thread!

I just connected my Tickemaster account and got the green SETUP COMPLETE message on my profile page. Now, I DID buy tickets to the JT tour, but that was in January 2017, and I THINK it was with my 2016 code (I'd resubscribed on July 2016). I then RENEWED my subscription in June of this year (2017) and my account page says my subscription is good through July 2018. Does this mean I'm OK to get codes for EI tour, or do I have to re-renew (even though I did it 4 months ago)?

Also, if we're getting a copy of the album with every purchased ticket, is there a point to pre-ordering it? Do we know if that copy will be a physical CD? And will it be the regualr or Deluxe edition? 

Thanks!!

account: Being checked as we speak. please wait until everything is ironed out, dates are set - it should be clear by monday, and you will have time to act accordingly...

album:

Please Note: Every ticket purchased will include one (1) copy of U2’s new album, "Songs of Experience”, to be released December 1, 2017. Be on the lookout for a separate email with instructions around how you can redeem your album(s). Prior to December 1, you will have the opportunity to pre-order one CD per ticket purchased. Once the digital album becomes available on December 1, fans will have the choice of either a CD or digital album at the time of redemption.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Hello! 

About the Presale: My setup is complete (u2.com + TM) BUT I didn't choose a certain show. Is that correct? Does the code work for any one show?

(because for the general sale you need to register for certain shows)

Thanks for answering!

• Subscriber
On 11/1/2017 at 8:06 PM, dmway said:

Yes - I'm assuming that will be the standard CD and I want the deluxe one.

Moderators, if I/we can buy ANY version of SoE when tickets are bought in the pre-sale, please let me/us know. Thanks!

dmway, did this get answered yet?

There is no way to get the album with our tickets (but buy it now to get the 3 songs today), right?

(ie pre-sale the album today but get refunded when we buy tickets or have a credit applied to the tickets or something)

Thanks!

• Community Manager
On 11/2/2017 at 4:31 PM, dmway said:

OK - bigwave, now you have accidentally (and (I hope) temporarily) confused me. :)

I understand Mich's response to my original query; however, your simple "yes" is ambiguous...

The post of mine that you responded to was, "So, you can't get a single ticket for two different shows?"

Your answering "yes" could mean:

1) 'Yes, your statement is correct - you can't get a single ticket for two different shows.'

OR

2) 'Yes, you can get a single ticket for two different shows (and I'm confirming Mich's reply to you).'

I sincerely hope your intended meaning is response #2 - so, is it? :)

yes

• Like 1
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, U2 Rules said:

dmway, did this get answered yet?

There is no way to get the album with our tickets (but buy it now to get the 3 songs today), right?

(ie pre-sale the album today but get refunded when we buy tickets or have a credit applied to the tickets or something)

Thanks!

I still haven't gotten an answer, but from what I read the offer of the standard CD or digital download comes with every ticket purchased.

Someone else would have to respond to your other query.

Just now, bigwave said:

yes

:D

Perfectly stated - thank you!

• Community Manager
On 11/2/2017 at 5:54 AM, Vienis said:

Thanks so much for teaching us with limited abilities wonderful english sayings.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/belt-and-braces

However, you seem to offer this solution to people not planning to buy US tickets. To me that just seems totally wrong?

"the use of two or more actions in order to be extra careful about something, although only one is really necessary:"

As far as I can see it can;t hurt. And stops your pants falling down

• Sad 1
  • Community Manager
On 11/2/2017 at 9:08 AM, Sue1 said:

So being subscribed to u2.con for years means absolutely nothing anymore..... you’re not considered a verified fan unless you pay for subscription twice!!!  Absolutely disgusting ?. Current subscribers should be able to link to their TM account and be verified, because you have proven loyalty by already being a subscriber!   But instead..... you invite scalpers to get a brand new sub and get verified?!  I really hoped this band would respect their fans and appreciate longevity.... but it seems not.  It’s all about putting fans in a position where they have to fork out On another subscription to get pre-sales.  Shame on you U2 

thats not how it works, no need to resub to get verified - i just did it myself without resubbing

• Thanks 1
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, bigwave said:

yes

Thanks for the quick reply, bigwave!

Is that a yes to this question as well:

It's either pre-sale album now, or wait until we buy a ticket and get the advanced songs then?

• bigwave unfeatured this topic