U2.com 2018 Subscription FAQ Thread

• Community Moderator
1 minute ago, LdeC said:

Switched computers from a Windows7 desktop to a Windows10 Laptop  , from Chrome to Edge and also a on different network

Back to "504 gateway time-out"

Luc

(ps : not a scalper , I'm in tech support and have access to loads of computers)

wait a few hours, please

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This part of the presale is for the North America leg - If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the proced

We are still working on this "Not Eligible email" issue... if you don't get any immediate answer to your PM, it doesn't mean we are doing nothing - there are many reports about this and they are arriv

...and today is a truly blessed day. After months of collective feedback-giving about the formats available to us for the annual gift, we have finally been heard. If you look in your account

Posted Images

• Subscriber

If I'm a member and renew and get a presale code.

Can I use my same email to preorder the album and get another presale code for that in January. That way I can use my discount. Or do I have to use another email ?

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, mksiggy75 said:

Ok.  I am so confused here.  My membership currently expires 06/2018.  I bought my 4 JT2017 tickets earlier this year with my code.

i have already completed the Ticketmaster portion, so my account info shows "setup complete".

But in order to be eligible for e&i presale tix, I still need to renew my U2 dot com membership, is that correct?

having participated in several verified fan presales over the last year, I can say this will be a damn disaster.  The system is not thwarting bots/resellers IN THE LEAST and only making things more difficult for fans, especially when you add this u2 dot com membership on top of it.  Not pleased.

If the band announce a tour while you have an active subscription you will be eligible for pre sales ie get the codes.For the JTTour 2017,my subscription was Jan 2016 to Jan 2017,but because of the delay in announcing the gift,it was extended to Feb 2017.When tour announced on 9th Jan,the pre sale code appeared in my account.

• Community Moderator
1 minute ago, SAYDEE said:

Ok thanks, I can buy 2 tickets for any show regardless leg :)  The ticket limit this year was 4 right?

stadium shows usually have a 4 ticket limit. Arena shows usually have a 2 ticket limit...

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

stadium shows usually have a 4 ticket limit. Arena shows usually have a 2 ticket limit...

Ohh, ok. Thanks.

Edited by SAYDEE
  • Community Moderator
Just now, jonno77 said:

If I'm a member and renew and get a presale code.

Can I use my same email to preorder the album and get another presale code for that in January. That way I can use my discount. Or do I have to use another email ?

if you have a valid membership you will get one code. You are not supposed to have more than one account - if caught, these could be terminated...
Also, discount codes can't be applied to albums, dvds or bluray...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

From memory,it was 4 tickets max for 2 shows on 360 tour.I got 2 for Wembley then 4 for Don Valley with the same pre sale code,

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, gmc said:

If the band announce a tour while you have an active subscription you will be eligible for pre sales ie get the codes.For the JTTour 2017,my subscription was Jan 2016 to Jan 2017,but because of the delay in announcing the gift,it was extended to Feb 2017.When tour announced on 9th Jan,the pre sale code appeared in my account.

But I think the fact that they announced TWO tours in one year affects that?  I purchased my membership when the 2nd NA leg of JT2017 was announced, this past summer.  So if I'm understanding correctly, my membership (valid June 2017 - June 2018) entitled me to a code for that tour announcement.  Now that they are announcing ANOTHER tour within my membership period, I have to purchase an additional year's membership in order to access the new presale.  1 per year of membership.

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

if you have a valid membership you will get one code. You are not supposed to have more than one account - if caught, these could be terminated...
Also, discount codes can't be applied to albums, dvds or bluray...

• Subscriber

But you are saying if you buy the album you will get an access code to the second presale .So can I use my u2.com code for 2 tickets to a gig and then the week after use my album code for 2 tickets to a different show.It is all a bit confusing the information looks like if I buy the album early I get another code to purchase tickets.

• bigwave unfeatured this topic