Sign in to follow this  
andy scotson

U2 MTV Presents

I just had an email and subject read 'do not reply from Ticketmaster'. My heart was in mouth thinking maybe got a ticket after people didn't redeem theirs.

The little teases, nowt to do with the ballots ?.

Going to console myself and buy some tickets to next year's fake festivals and see a U2 tribute.

Lucky to get a pair of Superfan tickets via a TM email. Really chuffed. I live in London so maybe had a better chance. I think you get early entry as I have to go to MTV in Camden first to pick up a wristband. Also need to be at Trafalgar Square by 3pm. Pleased I don’t have to queue up to get a decent spot, something I’ve had to do for the majority of the 50 or so times I’ve seen them. 

• Like 1

Would they do a soundcheck cos be shown to a big TV audience so want to sound spot on? If so and early entry you might get to see that?

After seeing the blackout video of the recording in Amsterdam I would love to experience that live.

I would be guessing a couple of the classics that get the crowd buzzing like new year's Day, pride then 2 or 3 off JT, maybe the opening 3 tracks,  then a couple of new songs like blackout and your the best thing and finish with one.

Whatever they play it'll be amazing to be in there with not too many people and no daft queuing for good positions.

Is anyone still looking for a +1? I would gladly volunteer to join you ;)

Edited by jenny1980

11 hours ago, GoonerMatt said:

Lucky to get a pair of Superfan tickets via a TM email. Really chuffed. I live in London so maybe had a better chance. I think you get early entry as I have to go to MTV in Camden first to pick up a wristband. Also need to be at Trafalgar Square by 3pm. Pleased I don’t have to queue up to get a decent spot, something I’ve had to do for the majority of the 50 or so times I’ve seen them. 

Nice to see a superfan get win the superfan competition, I'm on 31 shows, so got some catching up to do ;). I'll be queuing as normal,, spare a thought :lol:

11 hours ago, jonno77 said:

Would they do a soundcheck cos be shown to a big TV audience so want to sound spot on? If so and early entry you might get to see that?

After seeing the blackout video of the recording in Amsterdam I would love to experience that live.

I would be guessing a couple of the classics that get the crowd buzzing like new year's Day, pride then 2 or 3 off JT, maybe the opening 3 tracks,  then a couple of new songs like blackout and your the best thing and finish with one.

Whatever they play it'll be amazing to be in there with not too many people and no daft queuing for good positions.

Maybe they'll do a quick sound check, might be in the morning though. I guess they'll play YTBT, GOOYOW and hopefully Blackout as well which would be great to hear and a few hits along with them. I'm up for any songs TBH more newer ones the better, but really wouldn't mind EBTTRT, that song has turned into a real live hit for me.

I applied from the link posted on u2.com /front  page, got no email.
Nothing  at all,nothing  even to say i had not won...i am beginning to think the worst now ..... ,not looking good.

I work in Whitehall right by Trafalgar Square and will post here if I hear anything about a soundcheck.:)

55 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I work in Whitehall right by Trafalgar Square and will post here if I hear anything about a soundcheck.:)

Carlos - I see you're from Horsham. Me too. Given your proximity to Trafalgar Sq any thoughts on what could be seen / heard if you don't have a ticket. I'm considering getting the train into London Saturday just to be there!