• Subscriber

Hi hobbes,

Yes, that is what happened to me and I started this forum outlining it.  It was a glitch.  I don't remember it being like that for Innocence in 2015 when I got RZ tickets or for JT this year.  I think this first eastern standard time go around presale has/had issues in the programming end or in the supply chain either way....we can point at TM but it is also the responsibility of U2 who is determining the fan levels/access and amount of tickets sold to whom and when.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the past two tours I was in the first group to purchase tickets.  On my computer and refreshed exactly on time.  Both tours got Red Zone tickets (Innocence and JT in  at the MSG and Meadowlands re

Hey Ashley, it appears that the seating chart is the same from the 2015 Innocence Tour.  I believe we don't know yet where exactly the RZ will be or it will be the same.  For JT 2017 they kind of fixe

See you in June in the RZ nikb.

• Subscriber
Just now, laurabw said:

are you POSITIVE R1 is Edge?

No I am not positive.  In fact, I don't believe we yet know the stage layout and seating of GA/Red Zone for certain.  If they sold RZ1 and RZ2 unlike JT where there was only one Red Zone, then I think it means there will be two RZ sections.  The seat map shown today is the same as Innocence in 2015 and RZ1 was Edge side.  But...you can go from RZ1 to RZ2 after you get in and the GA's are allowed to stampede.  At least that was the case in MSG in 2015.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, theladyA said:

Hi hobbes,

Yes, that is what happened to me and I started this forum outlining it.  It was a glitch.  I don't remember it being like that for Innocence in 2015 when I got RZ tickets or for JT this year.  I think this first eastern standard time go around presale has/had issues in the programming end or in the supply chain either way....we can point at TM but it is also the responsibility of U2 who is determining the fan levels/access and amount of tickets sold to whom and when.  

I thought I read a post in another thread that mentioned a similar issue on one of the recent tours with only being able to get RZ through the VIP link. Still got the RZ during the presale timeframe, but technically not the fan club presale, if that makes sense... 

There is a lot of blame to direct at TM.  A good friend of mine is in the same boat as others who didn't get verified despite having been a 15 year subscriber. He is an avid concertgoer, travels all over the US for shows, and suddenly is denied access because some horesh*t TM algorithm apparently deems him a scalping threat. I gave up my other presale ticket to him since he got screwed by TM.  So no 2nd show for me unless I'm really lucky. Yes, scalpers join the fan club to get access to the. That sucks. But turning the distribution over to TM sucks worse.

• Subscriber
Just now, ScatterofLight said:

are the tickets re-saleable / transferable this time around?  

No idea...I had to update my CC info in TM and clicked a link that said if I resell them through TM that would be the CC for payment.   Also, for RZ tickets only option was to mail them hard copy (no electronic option this time).  I've read those that got GA got electronic tickets this morning.  Seems like another unclear thing going on...

• Subscriber

I couldn't get RedZone to come up at all for NYC. Got them for Philly but they run a different ticketing software that is a Ticketmaster partner, but not standard Ticketmaster site. I had the Philly RZ purchase done in less than 1 minute. Kept trying for NYC and then I just gave up and purchased other seats very close to Adam's side of the stage.

During the iNNOCENCE+eXPERIENCE tour a few years ago, I went to two shows in Madison Square Garden. For one show, I got lower level tickets very similar to the ones I ended up getting today for the June 25th show and they were great seats. (They are also way less money than the RedZone.) For the other show, I did the RedZone and the set up was identical to the diagrams they are showing for MSG for this summer. You get separated into two groups, RZ1 or RZ2, when they line you up at the show. We had great spots - first row on the rail - just a few feet away from The Edge. No, you are not right in the center of the stage, but the view was still awesome.

Edited by dawnboo
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, theladyA said:

No idea...I had to update my CC info in TM and clicked a link that said if I resell them through TM that would be the CC for payment.   Also, for RZ tickets only option was to mail them hard copy (no electronic option this time).  I've read those that got GA got electronic tickets this morning.  Seems like another unclear thing going on...

RZ is will call only, at least for Boston (I assume other cities). Non-transferable. Was that way for JT.  YMMV for MSG due to NY state law that I believe requires a transfer option. 

GA is hard ticketed from what I've read.  Chicago was for sure, and I read DC and Philly were hard tickets also.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, ScatterofLight said:

are the tickets re-saleable / transferable this time around?  

GA should be transferable, but double check the fine print on your receipt. Ultimately if you got hard tickets they are yours to do what you will.  It would seem the "verified" process, in theory, means fewer scalpers and therefore no need for credit card only entry.  

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, theladyA said:

Unfortunately, I think it is the latter and hope a moderator is seeing this. It really is BS that we go through all these hoops to be a verified fan, longstanding, get first access to sales and then the seats fans want most are limited or not available?  I know it's impossible to please everyone and the demand for U2 tickets is off the charts...but....either give it to the fans or don't.  Half-assed and making us figure this out every tour like some mystery of the sphinx is really not fun nor fair.

No Kidding! I had to take a personal day off from work in order to try and get tickets. What is really going to tick me off, is when tomorrow, or Monday other people will have no problem getting GA tickets. I took an unpaid day off for nothing. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, hobbes4444 said:

RZ is will call only, at least for Boston (I assume other cities). Non-transferable. Was that way for JT.  YMMV for MSG due to NY state law that I believe requires a transfer option. 

GA is hard ticketed from what I've read.  Chicago was for sure, and I read DC and Philly were hard tickets also.

Hobbes you just hit the nail on the other head going on here, how and why is it different in every city?  Red Zone for MSG today was only hard copies and you had to pay to mail them!  They were credit card for JT and electronic for Innocence so unless that's a new NYC law....it isn't consistent.