Citi presale reporting thread

• Subscriber

I got three GA tickets to LA via the Citi pre sale this morning. AKA, I had better luck on a credit card pre-sale than my fan club membership pre-sale.

That being said, I hesitate blaming the band (or the mods as some have done) about this whole situation and like to place my blame squarely on Ticketmaster/LiveNation/StubHub/Scalpers/etc. There were SO MANY effing GA tickets for all shows up on StubHub yesterday that they were clearly from folks who had pre-sale access and bought them to flip them. Fans or scalpers or both, it sucks.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I got 2 GA to Boston at 9:01 in the Citi sale. Went back to try GA at some other shows to share with shut-out fan friends, but there were none anywhere I checked.  I am feeling very very lucky.

• Subscriber

I had no luck with the Citi, but I wasn't expecting much.  I've spoken to some people who got the GA, and my feeling was that, they threw in some GA's for each venue, say 100, and the rest was for the other seats.  Most GA's were probably gone by yesterday.  My thought is this is the way they packaged this sale:

Experience members - Probably were given the biggest allotment of GA's.

Innocence - Just a decent amount of GA's were given to this group, as a lot of scalpers can still be with this group.

Citi - It's a marketing thing, who know's if it's just a live nation relationship, or U2 got a marketing budget, either way, assume the least amount of GA's were available.

General Sale- at this point, the least amount should be available, plus, with the CITI presale, a lot of the tickets have been sold for the 1st show.  They will either add the extra show when they sell out, which makes sense, or they can do it the following Monday, and everyone can talk about more U2 tickets going on sale while having a Thanksgiving feast (remember, everyone celebrates this non religious holiday.  With all the confusion, they may feel like they have to wait, so they can explain what to do the following week.  I think what they really are going to look at, is how quick the major markets sell out, if it's quick, they can say, we are adding 2 shows at the Garden, and 1 or 2 shows in NJ, as there are plenty days after the show in NJ to tag on.  There is no reason for them not to do 6 shows between MSG and NJ, and 1 more for Long Island.  There are days left for this scenario, only way they don't do it, is that they want the hype to be so big, that when they come back, they could do 8-10 shows at MSG, same type of deal in CA, and they can add more cities when they come back and do 2 shows at each venue.  At the end of the day, it's a business, they aren't doing 14 shows and flying out, they have expenses, and I'm just talkin about U2 and the staff and tour expenses.  You have to figure they would do 25-30 shows, do EU, and make their way back for the 2nd leg.  I don't think we'll be disappointed in the end.

One last thing, we should all pay attention to the scalping market, if prices are way to high, and there are limited tickets available, than this whole gambit worked, and we should be thankful.  Even though you may not have gotten your G.A for whatever show, you know that other fans did,  which we can all be gracious about, but we'd all still love a GA for each show we want to go to.